Dolphins' Pouncey (hip) doesn't practice Sunday but Gase says he's progressing well | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Pouncey (hip) doesn't practice Sunday but Gase says he's progressing well

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Center Mike Pouncey, the Miami Dolphins’ three-time Pro Bowl selection who is recovering from a hip injury, didn’t practice Sunday. But coach Adam Gase said Pouncey, who practiced Saturday in a half pads (shoulder pads and helmets) session, is doing well and on the right track.
“He felt good,” Gase said Sunday of Pouncey’s health.
“I always kind of wait until the next day to see his reaction to the day before. He was good [Sunday], didn’t feel any after-effects of practice. That’s what I always keep looking at is how do you feel the next day and the day after that. So it’s just a constant trying to figure out where he’s at.
“We’ve had nothing but positive signs that we’re going in the right direction.”
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-pouncey-20170813-story.html

This is starting to look weird.

Looking from the outside, it appears that they worked Pouncey in quickly just for the fans and media...basically for show...

If Pouncey doesn't play, Gase is going to really look silly with this "plan" he and Pouncey have going.

If I am a coach, I don't think I'd be relying on a player that can't even practice.

Back
Top Bottom