Dolphins President Eddie Jones Gives General Manager Search Update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins President Eddie Jones Gives General Manager Search Update

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dolphins President Eddie Jones Gives General Manager Search Update
excerpt:

"Let's talk a little bit about the candidates. We talked to Tim Ruskell first. We talked to Randy Mueller. We talked to Phil Savage. Of course we talked to Rick Spielman. We had asked for permission and got it to talk to Bobby Grier and to Jerry Reese. Bobby, I talked to today and I want to correct a significant error that was in one of the papers today that said he was insulted to be asked. I talked to him this afternoon and he started off by saying, ‘I have no idea where that came from. My son (Dolphins National Scout Chris Grier) called me about it.’ He said ‘I was honored,’ to use his words. ‘Honored that you asked me to be a candidate, but I’ve been in the arena, I’m happy in Houston, I’m not ready to jump back in, but I’m happy to sit here and talk to you about the candidates you are interviewing and tell you if I know some others.’ So we talked for several minutes about that. It was a great conversation and he was magnificent.

“Jerry Reese is coming in on Friday. I’ve been asked many times, ‘why Friday?’ Why do you have to wait until Friday? When we asked for permission to speak to Jerry, one of the stipulations in the approval was yes, you can talk to him, but you cannot interrupt any of his scouting operations. He was on the West Coast at the East-West Game and could not get to town until Friday. So that’s why the delay. It had nothing else to do with anything.

"Today, we had a visit from Ron Wolf. We knew coming in that Ron was not interested in being our full time GM. He had told us that. But it doesn’t hurt to have a pair of veteran eyes come in and look at what you’re doing and we simply asked Ron to do that. He was receptive. We flew him in today. We sat down and spent most of the day with him. We had him look at our candidates that we’ve interviewed so far and tell us if he know any others. It was a great exchange and we talked to him about [if he] would be interested in doing something for us on a consulting basis. He said he would consider it, think about it and we’re going to talk further about it. As I say, it would not hurt us to have some veteran eyes involved, whether it’s looking at candidates or looking at UFA’s and looking at college players. But he’s been there and done that and done a magnificent job, so it was a great exchange.

(On what Ron Wolf’s title would be if he decides to come in) – “That’s not going to be important, because we’re not asking him to come in and take a big decision-making role. We’re asking him to come in and be a consultant and to help us find players. That’s what his strength is and that’s what he likes to do.â€Â

How many of us in here wouldn't kill for this job???

It would be Christmas.........

Hey, I like this Shannon Snell Kid.......

BTW, got my check for the week?

Here it is...

They are talking a million a year for consulting.........

Originally posted by Section126
They are talking a million a year for consulting.........

It's only money....:eek:

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom