Dolphins propel Garrard into limelight: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins propel Garrard into limelight:

Phanatical

Official Daunte Hater
Reaction score
Man this ticks me off! Ever since the Dolphins/Jags game, Garrard has been all over the media as some kind of HOF type QB. Why do the Dolphins always seem to make HOF's out of average joes? :fire:

Phanatical said:
Man this ticks me off! Ever since the Dolphins/Jags game, Garrard has been all over the media as some kind of HOF type QB. Why do the Dolphins always seem to make HOF's out of average joes? :fire:

Because the average Joes ALWAYS seem to have career games against Miami: See Heath Evans and Jay Fiedler in the second half of the 62 point debacle. There was also the Buffalo running back that totally wrecked them in the 91 playoffs. His name escapes me right now.

Yeah, back-up players seem to play well against the Phins.. :(

Dredd1050 said:
Because the average Joes ALWAYS seem to have career games against Miami: See Heath Evans and Jay Fiedler in the second half of the 62 point debacle. There was also the Buffalo running back that totally wrecked them in the 91 playoffs. His name escapes me right now.

You mean Antwoine Smith in the 95 playoffs.

Dolphins didn't go to the playoffs in 1991.

Finfang said:

Dolphins didn't go to the playoffs in 1991.[/quote
Was it 92 then? No, it wasn't Smith. I'll check it.

Dredd1050 said:
Finfang said:

Dolphins didn't go to the playoffs in 1991.[/quote
Was it 92 then? No, it wasn't Smith. I'll check it.

Only other one I can think of is Kenneth Davis. Therman Thomas's backup

Average Joes play great against us...

Hell, we've made a career out of Chad Pennington!

Finfang said:
Dredd1050 said:
Only other one I can think of is Kenneth Davis. Therman Thomas's backup

Not him either. This kid was a special teamer/backup FB and just blew through the Miami D. I think his jersey number was 33.

Phanatical said:

He had a great game against the Dolphins (personal best QB rating) but he had also played well prior to the game vs. the Phins. His receivers weren't helping him out in other games and if anybody really turned it on against us in that game it was the WR's. They were playing badly prior to our game. He had a horrible game vs. the Texans but that was the only game in which he even threw an interception this year. I find it hard to call him average since his numbers are down simply because of one really bad game. Besides, we lost that game on all sides of the ball.

Dredd1050 said:
Finfang said:
Not him either. This kid was a special teamer/backup FB and just blew through the Miami D. I think his jersey number was 33.

Carwell Gardener was their fullback #35 back then.

I have a some of those early 90's games with the Bills on tape i'll check it out later and get back to ya' if I figure it out.

We propelled another backup Jacksonville QB into the limelight through horrible play then later we hired him.

God, that sucked

Celtkin said:
We propelled another backup Jacksonville QB into the limelight through horrible play then later we hired him.

God, that sucked

yeah all those losing seasons under fiedler were so dreadful. :confused:

oh wait...

didn't he have the highest current win percentage of all starting qbs in the league for us.

Saban4prez said:
yeah all those losing seasons under fiedler were so dreadful. :confused:

oh wait...

didn't he have the highest current win percentage of all starting qbs in the league for us.

I was talking about the butt-kicking we got in Jacksonville but since you brought it up:

Fiedler's winning percentage was born on the back of the Miami Defense, not on his golden arm :wink:

Back
Top Bottom