Dolphins Q&A: Which two rookie O-linemen will start in 2020? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Q&A: Which two rookie O-linemen will start in 2020?

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

My experience covering the Dolphins has taught me that rookies like Hunt, who come from small-school programs, usually need at least half a season for the speed of the NFL game to slow down for them. They aren’t accustomed to the level of competition they’ll face snap after snap, and Hunt hasn’t faced the level of competition a former SEC player like Kindley has.

All 3 of the rookies face the lack of a proper off season and training camp beyond the normal rookie adjustment.

We might not see any of them start game 1.

I think Hunt is better than Kindley but his SEC experience is a good point.

Deiter might win the RG job as well.

I think Austin Jackson is going to be a Pro Bowl OT one day but he is young for a rookie and will likely take some time.

By the end of the season, I hope that Davis is our 6th man and backing up all three rookies.
Jackson starts from the first day of camp, and Hunt does as well.

If Hunt is the RT, then Kindley is already pushing Davis/Dieter for the other G job.

Go for it coach... what do you have to lose?

unless he completely screws the pooch, Austin Jackson will start. he needs to beat out Julien Davenport and that bar isn't very high.

assuming the only other open spot along the OL is RG, i would assume Robert Hunt will get every chance to win it.

I think Hunt might be the best rookie offensive lineman on the roster at this time but Jackson has the skill set to develop into the best offensive lineman over the next few years.
I think both Jackson and Hunt will be in the starting lineup by the time the season ends but I don’t know if they will start immediately because of the shortened pre season and their lack of experience at the NFL level.

I think Hunt would be better served to start at G to acclimate, if Deiter can’t win the job outright with the plan to move him to T the following year. I think T is a hArder to teach. I also think if Davis goes down hunt moves out, ready or not.

Hunt may have been from a small school but he did face Mississippi State who has had good edge guys and I believe he faced Texas A&M and Bama and still had those crazy numbers of...no missed run block assignment for 2 years and 1 qb pressure ever 150 snaps

Every rookie has to adjust but he is a grown ass man. Kindley did face better competition but he also had a top LT and NFL level centers at UGA. Hunt shines with no other NFL guys in his roster.

In the end I think that Jackson and Hunt see significant time with them being book end tackles. Davis will likely end up at RG but with the weight Kindley lost hopefully boosting his agility and bend will be breathing down his neck pretty quick. He may end up playing/starting like 4 or 5 games where I believe Jackson and Hunt will be starting every game.

Gonna be a trial by fire year!

The trouble is that almost all young offensive lineman are up and down early, so using several at the same time invites a very inconsistent overall group.

I would not put Tua out there unless and until they start playing well together, whoever ends up on the field.

Risk Fitz and Rosen but not the Golden Child!

220px-Golden_child_movie.jpg

The trouble is that almost all young offensive lineman are up and down early, so using several at the same time invites a very inconsistent overall group.

I would not put Tua out there unless and until they start playing well together, whoever ends up on the field.

View attachment 50317
I expect plenty of lumps from the rookies. I hope everyone remains calm about Jackson’s lumps and not jump to conclusions about him. Plenty of potential there.

Hunt may have been from a small school but he did face Mississippi State who has had good edge guys and I believe he faced Texas A&M and Bama and still had those crazy numbers of...no missed run block assignment for 2 years and 1 qb pressure ever 150 snaps

Every rookie has to adjust but he is a grown *** man. Kindley did face better competition but he also had a top LT and NFL level centers at UGA. Hunt shines with no other NFL guys in his roster.

In the end I think that Jackson and Hunt see significant time with them being book end tackles. Davis will likely end up at RG but with the weight Kindley lost hopefully boosting his agility and bend will be breathing down his neck pretty quick. He may end up playing/starting like 4 or 5 games where I believe Jackson and Hunt will be starting every game.

Gonna be a trial by fire year!

I'm glad you mentioned the weight loss! I was reading through thinking I swore I heard that somewhere. I believe it was a pretty significant amount also! 20-30 pounds or something?

So while my favorite oline pick was probably Hunt (who I think is RT all day) I think Kindley is the most intriguing now. With his production in college and strength had he lost the weight pre draft how much higher does he go?

I'm glad you mentioned the weight loss! I was reading through thinking I swore I heard that somewhere. I believe it was a pretty significant amount also! 20-30 pounds or something?

So while my favorite oline pick was probably Hunt (who I think is RT all day) I think Kindley is the most intriguing now. With his production in college and strength had he lost the weight pre draft how much higher does he go?
It was reported in an article a week or two ago that he had lost 21lbs since leaving school. I think the goal was for him to drop 30lbs. I believe they have weaver on track to lose some weight as well.

View attachment 50317
Ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca can I please have the knife
:)

It was reported in an article a week or two ago that he had lost 21lbs since leaving school. I think the goal was for him to drop 30lbs. I believe they have weaver on track to lose some weight as well.

Thanks! That's the one already lost around 20 and wanted more. I very much like to hear that ?

That much can be a game changer

Back
Top Bottom