Dolphins Quick Notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Quick Notes

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Over the past 48 hours, a lot has been going on with players that the Dolphins will take a look at this off-season, and are expected to show some interest in signing them.

• Jason Taylor and his agent have both come out and said that JT will be back for another season in the NFL. For which team Taylor will be playing for, both do not know, but it looks like it is up to the Trifecta on whether or not Taylor will be in Miami next year or not.
  • Arizona has reportedly told inside linebacker that they will not tag him with the franchise tag, but instead are going to try and re-sign him through free agency. They say they will not overpay for Dansby and not go after him if he is attracting big money from other teams, but I think the Cards will make a pretty hefty offer at first. This foresights a bidding war for Dansby, including the Cardinals, and most assuredly multiple other teams, but as it looks now, the Dolphins will not be in that bidding war, as Dansby’s pricetag only rises in that situation.
  • The Dolphins are also interested in Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin. The Dolphins have been rumored in thinking about offering a 3rd rounder for Boldin, and the Trifecta offering up a 3rd rounder just like that is not like them. If a trade for Boldin goes through, which the Cardinals general manager Rod Graves said that they will look into all options, the Dolphins will have a plan to get themselves a 3rd round pick back.
  • Cardinals safety Antrel Rolle, who the Trifecta was also looking into, is working hard with the Cardinals front office to work out a new contract extension with the Cards. This pretty much means that he will not be coming to the Dolphins this off-season to fill the free safety hole.
  • The San Diego Chargers are supposedly shopping around cornerback Antonio Cromartie, and looking to acquire a running back in return. While the Dolphins may or may not be interested in this trade, trading for Cromartie would allow the Fins to switch Sean Smith to free safety, and fill that void. The Dolphins could also garner more draft picks if they were to trade Ronnie Brown for Cromartie. Cromartie did not have as good of a season as he was projected to, so his trade stock did nothing but plummet this year. The Dolphins could get themselves a 3rd/4th round pick in this trade if they were to look into it.
In terms of trades, this could be a busy off-season for the Dolphins, as they have been speculated to either be looking to trade for certain players, or possess certain players that have trade value, such as Tyler Thigpen, Channing Crowder, Greg Camarillo, and Ronnie Brown.http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2010/02/18/dolphins-quick-notes/
http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2010/02/18/dolphins-quick-notes/

um moving Sean Smith to FS is a horrible move and if the dolphins coaching staff does that then Sean Smith career is going to go down hill fast

um moving Sean Smith to FS is a horrible move and if the dolphins coaching staff does that then Sean Smith career is going to go down hill fast

that's what i'm thinking too, and i think it's a slam dunk that sean smith will play corner for the rest of his career in miami...

all that talk is taking me back in the days of the "move zach thomas to safety " threads...

complete nonsense :rickybrow

I would trade ronnie for Vincent Jackson and a 4th, then draft Spiller, but im not sure they would do that

that's what i'm thinking too, and i think it's a slam dunk that sean smith will play corner for the rest of his career in miami...

all that talk is taking me back in the days of the "move zach thomas to safety " threads...

complete nonsense :rickybrow

HAHAHAHA - Go Canada

Yes, let's move the guy who doesn't like to tackle to FS. Awesome idea. I thought it couldn't get any worse at FS but I stand corrected - this would probably be worse. At least Gibril laid the wood occasionally.

Hate the idea of moving Smith to FS. But, if you can get Cromartie and a 3rd for Brown, do it. I can't think of a single NFL team that has no openings for talented CB's - especially with all the 3 and 4 WR sets that teams run today. I'd consider trading Brown for a 3rd; Cromartie would be gravy. Do the Chargers value Cromartie that little, or can we maybe get a 1st from them for Ronnie? Seems like the former. Of course, it could just be bull ****.

Cromartie has been getting torched his entire NFL career so far. He has had some picks, and nice plays though but overall the guy gets beat way too often. That's bad news if the Dansby thing here is true, and Sean Smith to FS is a joke.

Hate the idea of moving Smith to FS. But, if you can get Cromartie and a 3rd for Brown, do it. I can't think of a single NFL team that has no openings for talented CB's - especially with all the 3 and 4 WR sets that teams run today. I'd consider trading Brown for a 3rd; Cromartie would be gravy. Do the Chargers value Cromartie that little, or can we maybe get a 1st from them for Ronnie? Seems like the former. Of course, it could just be bull ****.

They can keep Cromartie. He can't tackle worth crap.

Bottom line,with Joey soon to be gone,Jason might or might not be back,and Crowder is being Crowder,Miami HAS too get Dansby at all costs,or our defense will be worse beyond our expected progress

How could you trade brown for a 3rd? That would never happen.. I wish smith could tackle. He would be a great ball hawk in centerfield. Same with Cro at FS..

How could you trade brown for a 3rd? That would never happen.. I wish smith could tackle. He would be a great ball hawk in centerfield. Same with Cro at FS..

Because that is the highest you will get for him. He is injury plagued in a position that can be filled in the mid rounds.

Yes, let's move the guy who doesn't like to tackle to FS. Awesome idea. I thought it couldn't get any worse at FS but I stand corrected - this would probably be worse. At least Gibril laid the wood occasionally.

I was thinking the SAME EXACT THING!

Back
Top Bottom