Super Duper Club
- Aug 10, 2008
- Reaction score
- Pattaya, Thailand
http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2010/02/18/dolphins-quick-notes/Over the past 48 hours, a lot has been going on with players that the Dolphins will take a look at this off-season, and are expected to show some interest in signing them.
In terms of trades, this could be a busy off-season for the Dolphins, as they have been speculated to either be looking to trade for certain players, or possess certain players that have trade value, such as Tyler Thigpen, Channing Crowder, Greg Camarillo, and Ronnie Brown.http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2010/02/18/dolphins-quick-notes/
- Jason Taylor and his agent have both come out and said that JT will be back for another season in the NFL. For which team Taylor will be playing for, both do not know, but it looks like it is up to the Trifecta on whether or not Taylor will be in Miami next year or not.
- Arizona has reportedly told inside linebacker that they will not tag him with the franchise tag, but instead are going to try and re-sign him through free agency. They say they will not overpay for Dansby and not go after him if he is attracting big money from other teams, but I think the Cards will make a pretty hefty offer at first. This foresights a bidding war for Dansby, including the Cardinals, and most assuredly multiple other teams, but as it looks now, the Dolphins will not be in that bidding war, as Dansby’s pricetag only rises in that situation.
- The Dolphins are also interested in Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin. The Dolphins have been rumored in thinking about offering a 3rd rounder for Boldin, and the Trifecta offering up a 3rd rounder just like that is not like them. If a trade for Boldin goes through, which the Cardinals general manager Rod Graves said that they will look into all options, the Dolphins will have a plan to get themselves a 3rd round pick back.
- Cardinals safety Antrel Rolle, who the Trifecta was also looking into, is working hard with the Cardinals front office to work out a new contract extension with the Cards. This pretty much means that he will not be coming to the Dolphins this off-season to fill the free safety hole.
- The San Diego Chargers are supposedly shopping around cornerback Antonio Cromartie, and looking to acquire a running back in return. While the Dolphins may or may not be interested in this trade, trading for Cromartie would allow the Fins to switch Sean Smith to free safety, and fill that void. The Dolphins could also garner more draft picks if they were to trade Ronnie Brown for Cromartie. Cromartie did not have as good of a season as he was projected to, so his trade stock did nothing but plummet this year. The Dolphins could get themselves a 3rd/4th round pick in this trade if they were to look into it.