Dolphins Quick Notes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Quick Notes

Yes, let's move the guy who doesn't like to tackle to FS. Awesome idea. I thought it couldn't get any worse at FS but I stand corrected - this would probably be worse. At least Gibril laid the wood occasionally.

This may not seem as bad as you might think. An interesting scenario would be Haden falling to #12. Teaming him with Davis then moving Smith to FS with Wilson/Clemens at SS would be a pretty good balance of what was lacking last season.

Smith has tremendous coverage skills and Wilson/Clemens are true SS. I am certain that Smith's lack of physicality is being addressed this off season. I saw this scenario on a mock draft and the more I thought about it, the better I liked it.

Seriously wonder what will happen if the FO can't land Dansby, Rolle, or some other help at FS/ILB. If this team goes into 2010 season with Crowder and Wilson as starters, people should seriously bring pitchforks to Tuna's house.

Seriously wonder what will happen if the FO can't land Dansby, Rolle, or some other help at FS/ILB. If this team goes into 2010 season with Crowder and Wilson as starters, people should seriously bring pitchforks to Tuna's house.
currently everything we hear is nothing more than rumors.. What you just said could definitely be what the FO intentions are.. Keeping them and DRAFTING their replacements.. Nothing this FO does would surprise me.

From what is floating around the media right now, Dansby will be a bidding war with Dansby giving the Cards a chance to match the highest bid. Rolle's agent is apparently in talks to renegotiate his contract.

I'd never give up the former #2 overall for a 3rd rounder. hurt or not.

I have a hard time believing you would fine a suitable replacement for brown in the form of a 3rd round runningback.

and cromartie sucks. absolutely sucks on defense. his only value would come from returning missed 55 yd field goals.

this is nonsense.

This may not seem as bad as you might think. An interesting scenario would be Haden falling to #12. Teaming him with Davis then moving Smith to FS with Wilson/Clemens at SS would be a pretty good balance of what was lacking last season.

Smith has tremendous coverage skills and Wilson/Clemens are true SS. I am certain that Smith's lack of physicality is being addressed this off season. I saw this scenario on a mock draft and the more I thought about it, the better I liked it.

Eh, I don't know. I've never really seen a bad tackler in the NFL become a good tackler. It seems like you either want to put the hurting on the ballcarrier, or you just want to hope you can get him down to the ground, and you stay whichever one of those ways you are.

Eh, I don't know. I've never really seen a bad tackler in the NFL become a good tackler. It seems like you either want to put the hurting on the ballcarrier, or you just want to hope you can get him down to the ground, and you stay whichever one of those ways you are.

True they won't be able to change his mindset to play more physical but can make him more efficient. Smith's cover skills more then make up for his lack of playing physical. The problem we had last year at FS was Wilson is a SS and not good in coverage. Smith played FS at Utah so it's not a big change for him. Davis, Smith and Haden on the field would most likely develop in to one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Of course there would be growing pains but even this season would be a huge improvement over last.

if the dolphins do anything at least get Boldin and Dansby and one other vetran player then Draft

dt Dan Williams and then Ric Norwood now that would be some work of luck there.

Unless the they plan on teaching it to Sheets, or a possible draft pick. Where is Gerhart projected to be drafted???

Well, if it's worth anything. I remember reading an article when Sheets first arrived in Miami, that one of the first things he did in practice was take Wildcat snaps. Again, not that it means much. When I read your post, it was something that came to mind.

Back
Top Bottom