Dolphins ranked as owning one of the thinnest rosters in NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins ranked as owning one of the thinnest rosters in NFL

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

As the writer states, Rome wasn't built in a day, still have a ways to go.

Will just add this other one to this thread. I dont agree with this though, not until I see them on the field and other NFL teams.

Whatever. These offseason rankings are hot garbage. 7th thinnest. Heh? I mean sure we are lacking quality depth at some places but sure. This guy stays healthy and that guy instead of that other guy gets hurt and who knows.

Thanks Fin Fan for posting but still. What's next? They rank us by who has the coldest beer or best cars in the players parking area?

Whatever. These offseason rankings are hot garbage. 7th thinnest. Heh? I mean sure we are lacking quality depth at some places but sure. This guy stays healthy and that guy instead of that other guy gets hurt and who knows.

Thanks Fin Fan for posting but still. What's next? They rank us by who has the coldest beer or best cars in the players parking area?
Yeah I agree garbage, we added a lot of depth all across the board, whether FA or draft. I think some of these takes will change once the season starts and players are on the field.

Yeah I agree garbage, we added a lot of depth all across the board, whether FA or draft. I think some of these takes will change once the season starts and players are on the field.
Sure and if their "take" doesn't change they can still go jump in a volcano holding a propane tank in each hand. Go Phins brother!

This was never set up to be a one year rebuild. I have thought all along that it was going to take at least 2 solid drafts and signing good players in free agency before this team would have the talent necessary to be a legitimate playoff contender. Hopefully the Dolphins added players in the draft and in free agency who will come in and upgrade the talent on the roster. Right now year one of the rebuild looks good but until the players get on the field and start playing, we don’t know what we have.

The 2021 draft and free agency period will hopefully fill In the holes which will certainly be exposed in the coming season. I look at the 2021 season as the time I expect this team to be a playoff contender and IF there is a 2020 season , I think 5 or 6 wins is about the best this team will do.

Our roster isn't as thin as suggested and it's a helluva lot better than 12 months ago. Rather than trying to improve everywhere, the Dolphins clearly prioritized their needs by position. GM Chris Grier didn't attempt to fix everything this year. The priorities after getting Tua were to strengthen the O-line, D-line and inject more talented fast competitive CBs. Defensively, the Raekwon Davis draft pick means that he is coming here to stuff the run. The addition of Kyle Van Noy, who knows precisely what Coach Flores wants, is huge. I expect him to be our Defensive leader. With McMillan, Baker, Van Ginkel, Elandon Roberts (from the Patriots) and Grugier-Hill (from the Eagles) etc we should be good at LB.
Last season we didn't have much of a running game. The addition of Jordan Howard and Matt Breida should help, but RB and WR can be selectively improved next year in the Draft and free agency. Biggest question for me is how well the O-line comes together. A massive transfusion of talent was needed and Grier devoted a 1st (Jackson), a 2nd (Hunt), and a 4th (Kindley together with the addition of Karras and Flowers in free agency. Let's see how it comes together. If they struggle, then it probably delays Tua's start and I have zero problem with Fitz's vast experience to shoulder the responsibility and take some hits.
I may be in the minority, but I really, really like the structured systematic approach of addressing our problems this year. I remain very optimistic.

Last edited:

As the writer states, Rome wasn't built in a day, still have a ways to go.
Ok fine and we saw what Flores was able to do with practice players last year. Not a concern in the world. Not at all

Back
Top Bottom