Dolphins RB Kalen Ballage suffers Achilles tear out remainder of the season and placed on IR Sun-Sentinel Dec 03, 2019 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins RB Kalen Ballage suffers Achilles tear out remainder of the season and placed on IR Sun-Sentinel Dec 03, 2019

Ill never forget the year we used Rob Konrad as our starting runningback because everyone was hurt. He did good too.

There seems to be a common situation where a promising player seems to falter and then ends up with and injury. Did the player try too hard to make up for their lack of performance or was there was already some partial damage in there body prior to the final injury that impeded the players performance after a promising start and then a disappointing follow up?
IDK Ray. Was he really a promising player? It was apparent to me from the start, that in spite of his awesome size/speed combination, he had horrible vision, wasn't adept at setting up blocks, and really ran too upright for a man of his frame.

He only had a handful of carries last year. One of them just happened to break open, and he shot through like a rocket, untouched, for a big gain.

IDK Ray. Was he really a promising player? It was apparent to me from the start, that in spite of his awesome size/speed combination, he had horrible vision, wasn't adept at setting up blocks, and really ran too upright for a man of his frame.

He only had a handful of carries last year. One of them just happened to break open, and he shot through like a rocket, untouched, for a big gain.

I tend to allow a player 1 to 3 years to become effective. If coaches have reasons to limit their number of snaps, that's a different issue.

For this reason I consider anyone who makes an NFL roster as a promising player. Things can either go uphill or downhill until the player either performs adequately or is off the team.

During this time there are players, who for whatever reason, seem to shine once or twice, then don't do as well and eventually get placed on IR.

My question was prompted by this player, but represents a pattern I have seen with many players. The question is;
was there a minor injury or even an unreported injury that effected the players performance after he made a few good plays. If that is the case, did this injury get worse over time or suddenly, to the point the player went on IR.

I have seen pattern this often enough that I feel others must have seen it too. Possibly you did, but attributed his general low production to some limited capabilities he demonstrated in the beginning.

Still, I wonder if the sudden physical disability was due to a lesser initial injury that may have effected his game. I'm not claiming it is the reason, but I feel the general question is justified, based on my multiple observations of the same pattern of events with several Dolphins over the last 4 years.

I always wondered if he wouldn't be better used as a H-back. He can catch and has unusual speed for a man his size. Probably not much of a blocker though.

Back
Top Bottom