Dolphins re sign Elandon Roberts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins re sign Elandon Roberts

Beigel, Hollins, and now Roberts... we're signing all the lunch-pail guys who didn't get any other offers in free agency.

Beigel signed for the vet minimum 920K, and we threw in a 25K workout bonus and a really low per/game bonus. I can only assume that Hollins and Roberts signed for the same tiny contracts as they have not been posted as of yet.

None of these three affect our salary cap in any meaningful way, and it's a nice gesture to let these guys come back to camp and try to stick for one more year. Good for Flores for consenting to bring them back, but don't get attached to these guys...

need to sign lawrence guy to shore up run. That would be huge for our defense. Butler isn't that great against run. but good pass rusher

Who knows when he'll even play. Not as exited as some people here seem to be. He made some nice tackles when he guessed right but McKinney should be the starter with no problem.
i just like have the Elastic man around.

Don't know when he sees the field.

Who knows when he'll even play. Not as exited as some people here seem to be. He made some nice tackles when he guessed right but McKinney should be the starter with no problem.
And when he guessed wrong (quite a bit) he left a nice big hole for RBs to break into the 2nd level. Just a locker room guy who provides a bit of MLB depth

He seems like a good guy and professional type vet. And he wants to return after a year on the team. All good news I think.

Now I really don’t see LB at pick 18. Not upset about it though, we need run defenders.
Agreed. I thought Zaven Collins would be in play for us at 18 but I'm increasingly leaning away from that idea given what we've done with the LB corps this offseason. I think we pull the trigger on an edge rusher at 18. Rousseau or Paye seem most likely to me.

We have about 5,000 linebackers now, but happy to see Roberts back.

Agreed. I thought Zaven Collins would be in play for us at 18 but I'm increasingly leaning away from that idea given what we've done with the LB corps this offseason. I think we pull the trigger on an edge rusher at 18. Rousseau or Paye seem most likely to me.

Not totally ruling Collins out yet, it does look unlikely that we take him or Parson who btw could be on the board at 18 too, because we are still missing that edge guy and I wouldn't be shocked if FLores believes he could fill that role. Biggest hole on our D right now is replacing the snaps Lawson gave us.

Back
Top Bottom