Dolphins re sign Elandon Roberts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins re sign Elandon Roberts

If he had not been injured this was an absolute no-brainer re-signing. The "significant knee injury" though is a bit concerning and do we even know the full extent of what the injury was? I would also assume the injury knocked his financial value down which is a big plus for the Dolphins.

If he can return healthy he is a very good piece to have in this defense.
Miami's docs do, or, at least as closely as possible

This Dude changed games with some huge sticks. Hardest hit of the year was Dark Grind!

If he is good to go by week 3, I support the move. He is a good player and a good fit for us.

Not totally ruling Collins out yet, it does look unlikely that we take him or Parson who btw could be on the board at 18 too, because we are still missing that edge guy and I wouldn't be shocked if FLores believes he could fill that role. Biggest hole on our D right now is replacing the snaps Lawson gave us.
If Parsons is still on the board at 18 I think you have to pull the trigger on him. One of my favourite LB prospects in many years and there is no chance he would fall to 18 if not for character concerns. If Flo thinks he can work with the kid, and he's still on the board with 1B, then you run that card up to the podium.

Not totally ruling Collins out yet, it does look unlikely that we take him or Parson who btw could be on the board at 18 too, because we are still missing that edge guy and I wouldn't be shocked if FLores believes he could fill that role. Biggest hole on our D right now is replacing the snaps Lawson gave us.
if parsons is there at 18 and we don't take him, @hoops will explode.

Who knows when he'll even play. Not as exited as some people here seem to be. He made some nice tackles when he guessed right but McKinney should be the starter with no problem.
He's limited, no doubt there, but in short yardage situations and goal-line, even if you put him at just 40% successful (Which is not correct, because he was far more successful), he did something that few teams have, a player that in crunch time situations, single handedly stopped the RB.

I doubt he is being thought of as a starter, but even if he is, Coach Flores does not put people out there just because he likes them. Produce, and you start, so Roberts will be a situational and backup LB...No more, but what he does do, or just throwing his body out there to make plays is much needed on any team.

Back
Top Bottom