Dolphins Related --- How the SF Rebuild Affects Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Related --- How the SF Rebuild Affects Miami

That’s exactly right. Rumor has it Ross wanted to trade down and pick Jackson and pick up an extra draft pick or two, but Grier threatened to resign and picked Minkah Fitzpatrick. I wish Ross would have called his bluff and let him resign and then stuck to his guns. Things would have turned out very different, not the first time we blew it.

Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, cough cough.
You guys are making crap up now.

Yeah I eat crow on that one. I thought for certain he was going to be Pat White 2.0. Dude looks like the second coming of Michael Vick on the field. I think Minkah is going to be an All-Pro in Pittsburgh, but Lamar ended up being much better than I ever imagined.
For what it’s worth I wanted us to draft him too. He looked damn explosive in college...

Yeah I eat crow on that one. I thought for certain he was going to be Pat White 2.0. Dude looks like the second coming of Michael Vick on the field. I think Minkah is going to be an All-Pro in Pittsburgh, but Lamar ended up being much better than I ever imagined.
It also helps that Lamar went to a team with one of the best HCs in the game. Had he gone to us, who knows - he may HAVE been Pat White 2.0.

Like I said you are making crap up. Mando is making crap up.
And while we are at the point of reading:
I have never confirmed if this reporting as accurate,

That is Salguero for you. Just blabbering **** and other people said..... as a "Miami Dolphins Beat Writer" he should have access to confirm that. But I guess reporting something truthfully would hurt the anti-Grier sentiment he has had from the beginning. So we stick with garbage "others have said but I have not confirmed it".

:bobdole:

And no 2 was trading Minkah.
Well when the head coach and owner ALSO can’t convince a player to change his mind you kinda forgive him

we will see if his choice of Pittsburgh’s #1 vs Dallas #1 + a 5

Also helps to have one of the best TE's in football. Not bad for a 5th rounder.

This is the direct quote from your link: "And later I reported that Grier, running his third Dolphins draft as general manager, worked to talk Ross off his position. I was told by a league source Grier even told Ross he was picking Fitzpatrick and if the owner wanted to fire him, then he could fire him."

Which does not say he threatened to resign. And no, saying something to the effect of: this is the job you hired me to do and this is how I'm going to do it. If you feel that strongly that it should be done another way, fire me (and pay me severance since you are changing your mind on how to run the team) is classic top dog management. If any of my direct reports over the years rolled over without a fight like that, I would have fired them for not being senior and/or having the strength of conviction for the job.

So, you didn't make crap up, but you sure as **** shaped It to fit your narrative.

PS. Also, its reported second hand "I was told by a league source...", which happens all the time to shape narratives -- no one here (other than possibly chambers) has any idea if that actually happened, was a planted story to stick a knife in Griers back, planted by Grier to as a show of strength, or by Ross himself to show how he backs his management team. It could easily be read any of those ways.

I'm not sure about the whole Ross Grier dynamic but it is pretty local common knowledge down here Ross wanted Jackson.

This is it right here. we never considered qb and if so was Adam Gase going to help him succeed?

Jon harbaugh deserves a ton of credit for redefining his whole coaching philosophy to fit Lamar and his skill set. If every other team did this we wouldn't have a QB deprived league
A quarterback deprived league?

You obviously need a team to win the super bowl. But these are quarterbacks who give you a chance to win big. Interestingly, look at the age of the top quarterbacks on the list (albeit the list may not be 100 percent accurate). In the next 3-5 years, Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers and Rivers could all be out of the league. So the opportunity is there for Miami if they find the right guy.

Right now, the best of the young guns are Mahomes, Watson, Wenz and maybe Lamar Jackson. Baker Mayfield might end up there as well, although this year has been a disappointment for him.

Can I ask if you’d know if any of the current franchise quarterbacks would be available to us and if so would they be a legitimate route to take? Thanks

Like I said you are making crap up. Mando is making crap up.
And while we are at the point of reading:

That is Salguero for you. Just blabbering **** and other people said..... as a "Miami Dolphins Beat Writer" he should have access to confirm that. But I guess reporting something truthfully would hurt the anti-Grier sentiment he has had from the beginning. So we stick with garbage "others have said but I have not confirmed it".

:bobdole:

it was widely reported. See Dave Hyde. I’m not making this shite up, I’m simply reading, you should try it some time.

This is the direct quote from your link: "And later I reported that Grier, running his third Dolphins draft as general manager, worked to talk Ross off his position. I was told by a league source Grier even told Ross he was picking Fitzpatrick and if the owner wanted to fire him, then he could fire him."

Which does not say he threatened to resign. And no, saying something to the effect of: this is the job you hired me to do and this is how I'm going to do it. If you feel that strongly that it should be done another way, fire me (and pay me severance since you are changing your mind on how to run the team) is classic top dog management. If any of my direct reports over the years rolled over without a fight like that, I would have fired them for not being senior and/or having the strength of conviction for the job.

So, you didn't make crap up, but you sure as **** shaped It to fit your narrative.

PS. Also, its reported second hand "I was told by a league source...", which happens all the time to shape narratives -- no one here (other than possibly chambers) has any idea if that actually happened, was a planted story to stick a knife in Griers back, planted by Grier to as a show of strength, or by Ross himself to show how he backs his management team. It could easily be read any of those ways.

what is wrong with you people? The point is Ross wanted to trade down and draft Lamar jackson And Grier refused and basically dared Ross to fire him. That was the point and Lamar Jackson has turned into a stud and Minkah Fitzpatrick is playing on the Steelers now. That was the point, no agenda, just reporting a story.

Back
Top Bottom