Dolphins Related --- How the SF Rebuild Affects Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Related --- How the SF Rebuild Affects Miami

This is it right here. we never considered qb and if so was Adam Gase going to help him succeed?

Jon harbaugh deserves a ton of credit for redefining his whole coaching philosophy to fit Lamar and his skill set. If every other team did this we wouldn't have a QB deprived league
It's why you almost expect any quarterback who replaces Brady or Brees to do well in those situations. That is if Bellichick and Payton are still coaching those teams. Look how good Matt Moore looked for KC under Andy Reid. There are a handful of coaches who can manage with virtually any quarterback. Don Shula was like that getting to the super bowl with David Woodley.

Steve Ross' one moment of clarity in his entire reign (except for firing Gase) was to suggest to Grier that we trade down for Jackson. Instead the player selected is no longer on the team.
I thought about that while I was watching the Ravens manhandle the Patriots. But there's a good chance Jackson would be struggling in Miami. It's certainly not an ideal spot for a quarterback right now. That said, perhaps the draft would have been entirely different the last two years if the team selected Jackson. Maybe the focus would have been more on offense and finding talent for him.

The love for Lamar Jackson now is sickening when everyone was throwing dirt on his name during the draft. He is another great QB we could have had just like Drew Brees.

Biggest blunder of Chris Grier's career in my opinion.
Really? You mean in the same offseason when Tannenbaum extended Tannehill's contract? :bobdole:
The crap you people come up with is incredible. :lol:

Really? You mean in the same offseason when Tannenbaum extended Tannehill's contract? :bobdole:
The crap you people come up with is incredible. :lol:
it's a strange revisionist history about what happened if anything even did. Neither grier/Ross have admitted to that being the case of how that pick was made. All we ever got was a half written mando report about it. For all we know Ross just made a suggestion and there was never any serious consideration

The love for Lamar Jackson now is sickening when everyone was throwing dirt on his name during the draft. He is another great QB we could have had just like Drew Brees.

Lamar might be best qb of draft 2018 class

And no 2 was trading Minkah.

That’s exactly right. Rumor has it Ross wanted to trade down and pick Jackson and pick up an extra draft pick or two, but Grier threatened to resign and picked Minkah Fitzpatrick. I wish Ross would have called his bluff and let him resign and then stuck to his guns. Things would have turned out very different, not the first time we blew it.

Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, cough cough.

What’s similar w the 49ers in my view is that a few years ago they had ZERO talent on offense (I don’t remember their D) when they gave a roster spot to the Australian rugby guy. They had a roster like ours devoid of skill. They got Jimmy G, drafted well on D and not sure what else but they now have faster guys on O and more play makers. So it can be done “a different way” as you put it.

That’s exactly right. Rumor has it Ross wanted to trade down and pick Jackson and pick up an extra draft pick or two, but Grier threatened to resign and picked Minkah Fitzpatrick. I wish Ross would have called his bluff and let him resign and then stuck to his guns. Things would have turned out very different, not the first time we blew it.

Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, cough cough.
Did Grier really threaten to resign over that? If true, what a bunch of juveniles these grown men are.

Did Grier really threaten to resign over that? If true, what a bunch of juveniles these grown men are.

That’s what Salguero wrote in a couple of articles for whatever that’s worth...

The love for Lamar Jackson now is sickening when everyone was throwing dirt on his name during the draft.

Yeah I eat crow on that one. I thought for certain he was going to be Pat White 2.0. Dude looks like the second coming of Michael Vick on the field. I think Minkah is going to be an All-Pro in Pittsburgh, but Lamar ended up being much better than I ever imagined.

Back
Top Bottom