Dolphins Related --- How the SF Rebuild Affects Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Related --- How the SF Rebuild Affects Miami

Well when the head coach and owner ALSO can’t convince a player to change his mind you kinda forgive him

we will see if his choice of Pittsburgh’s #1 vs Dallas #1 + a 5
Dallas offered the 1 and 5? I thought the skins made an offer too?

My point? It will be interesting to see how the 49ers fare in the playoffs when quarterback play is even more important than in the regular season. If SF goes far, could that change Miami's thinking in the draft? Could the team copy this blueprint?

Personally, I'd do everything in my power to find a top 10 caliber quarterback. I think that's more sustainable long-term than building a strong defense.

The blueprint in San Francisco was the same as everywhere else....find the franchise QB and build around him. I'm pretty confident that when they made that trade they thought Jimmy was going to be a top 10 QB for the next decade or two. Sure doesn't look that way now but who knows....

It will be hard to maintain if Jimmy can't elevate his play over the next couple years. Even harder for another team to duplicate now that the going rate for QBs has doubled.

Yeah I eat crow on that one. I thought for certain he was going to be Pat White 2.0. Dude looks like the second coming of Michael Vick on the field. I think Minkah is going to be an All-Pro in Pittsburgh, but Lamar ended up being much better than I ever imagined.

It's way to early for that, IMO. Jackson is dynamic and electric on the field. I agree he is the best right now, but he is on a team that has been custom tooled to fit his style of play. There is nothing wrong with that, really, as it is smart coaching. There are definitely limitations that come with it, though. Injury concerns are a much higher risk than traditional pocket passer's. If Lamar gets hurt, how do they back him up without a true dual threat backup? The Ravens have a great offense, but it is designed for long drawn out drives with high time of possession. How does Jackson perform in a two minute drill?

To be clear, Jackson should be in the running for MVP so far this year, but I am concerned about that style of play over the long term. I do know that if Miami drafted him, his talent would be wasted here. Jackson has the perfect situation no, but we had none of the basic necessary structure for him here.

Can I ask if you’d know if any of the current franchise quarterbacks would be available to us and if so would they be a legitimate route to take? Thanks
That's a great question. I doubt any of the young guys would be available, maybe Carson Wenz with his injury history.

Teddy Bridgewater might be an option again. I don't see him as a franchise guy, but he sure looked good in New Orleans.

That's a great question. I doubt any of the young guys would be available, maybe Carson Wenz with his injury history.

Teddy Bridgewater might be an option again. I don't see him as a franchise guy, but he sure looked good in New Orleans.

Would you go the SF route and give Wentz a go for example rather than go all out for the top QB available in the draft with our top pick?

Would you go the SF route and give Wentz a go for example rather than go all out for the top QB available in the draft with our top pick?
I guess it depends on the asking price. A young quarterback who helped the Eagles get to the super bowl (Foles obviously played a big part), might not be available. On the other hand, a Matt Stafford might. I wonder if he's a fit for what Matt Patricia wants in Detroit. Stafford's always been a little consistent, but he also has the ability to carry a team much like Aaron Rodgers. He's 31 and I think right in the top 10 range. Teddy Bridgewater is suddenly a little more interesting and, I believe, could be a free agent. He's a pretty conservative quarterback, but that could fit in Miami.

If I were Miami I'd delve into the draft and take my chances there.

Dallas offered the 1 and 5? I thought the skins made an offer too?
You may be remembering better than I. Seems odd they’d be in the Jamal Adams race and not Minkah, no?

plus, Grier’s justification for Pitt was he felt it was a solid shot at a top 10.

Steve Ross' one moment of clarity in his entire reign (except for firing Gase) was to suggest to Grier that we trade down for Jackson. Instead the player selected is no longer on the team.
Ross was right abo
Yeah I eat crow on that one. I thought for certain he was going to be Pat White 2.0. Dude looks like the second coming of Michael Vick on the field. I think Minkah is going to be an All-Pro in Pittsburgh, but Lamar ended up being much better than I ever imagined.
that problem it hard say who is going be good at that qb spot.. for example jets qb. Seem to be heading toward being bust. He was supposed be best qb in 2018

We have basically tried the 49ers approach since 1996. That has not faired well for us to say the least. We MUST do whatever is necessary to find a true franchise QB. The entire point of the tank is to get Tua. If we fail, then I say fire Grier on the spot.

Funny that the Fins also have 4 former first round picks for the dline. Harris, Taco, Wilkins, Nkemdiche. Too bad that 2 are reclamation projects and 1 other never should have been drafted in the first round and was moved to lb.

You may be remembering better than I. Seems odd they’d be in the Jamal Adams race and not Minkah, no?

plus, Grier’s justification for Pitt was he felt it was a solid shot at a top 10.
Yeah I recall we had some offers - w Big Ben out it was probably the right call.

We have basically tried the 49ers approach since 1996. That has not faired well for us to say the least. We MUST do whatever is necessary to find a true franchise QB. The entire point of the tank is to get Tua. If we fail, then I say fire Grier on the spot.

I want to agree with you but history has proven it can be hit and miss. Tua will never have a better arm than DM and he never won the SB. No point in having the best QB if your def is massively inconsistent. I remember the fins def giving away numerous third down opportunities in crucial moments of the game. Someone’s posted that you are more likely to Winn a SB with a good QB and excellent off backed by a good def than a great QB with a just above average off and shakey def. I think Marino and Montana proved that.

I’m stuck I can see everyone’s point of view and only time will tell......

looking at those QBs, with Brady being the outlier, there really isn’t many SB wins.
Umm Brees won one, Wilson won one, Wentz got one, Rodgers got one and Ben has won 2.....Brady has all the ones in between...where exactly do you not see Superbowl wins lol....

It’s gonna be interesting in a years time exactly, half of this forum are gonna tell the other half ...told you so there are so many varying opinions as to how this could pan out and which route we should be ta(n)king

If Miami wanted to blueprint SF here’s what I would do: Sign Teddy Bridgewater I think he’s a similar level QB (game manager/potential Franchise guy) without giving up premium compensation 9ers got Jimmy G for some seconds. Draft Chase Young to be your Bosa, Draft Tristan Wirfs to be your Mcglinchey, Resign Talib to be your Vet CB ala sherman, Sign Dante Fowler Jr to be your speed rusher (Dee Ford), hope and pray Mike G keeps developing to be a poor mans Kittle at least in the passing game. And then pick up a fast RB or a few Fast RBs Deandre Swift would be my top Choice, then Jonathan Taylor or maybe even Melvin Gordon in Fa. And that would be my year 1 plan to try and emulate SF.

Not saying this is what we should do, just wanted to do a mock offseason that followed a similar team building style to the NFLs top rebuilt team this year

Back
Top Bottom