Dolphins Related --- How the SF Rebuild Affects Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Related --- How the SF Rebuild Affects Miami

You want us to potentially take two 1st round running backs?

We have basically tried the 49ers approach since 1996. That has not faired well for us to say the least. We MUST do whatever is necessary to find a true franchise QB. The entire point of the tank is to get Tua. If we fail, then I say fire Grier on the spot.
So we should fire Grier because the Bengals figured out how to suck worse than us? Maybe we should have hired Zac Taylor instead of Flores.

I want to agree with you but history has proven it can be hit and miss. Tua will never have a better arm than DM and he never won the SB. No point in having the best QB if your def is massively inconsistent. I remember the fins def giving away numerous third down opportunities in crucial moments of the game. Someone’s posted that you are more likely to Winn a SB with a good QB and excellent off backed by a good def than a great QB with a just above average off and shakey def. I think Marino and Montana proved that.

I’m stuck I can see everyone’s point of view and only time will tell......
I agree there has to be a balance. As of now, I can’t see Tua ever being the best qb in the league like Marino. However, I do think he will be good enough to mask some of our other flaws. The point is that if we’re in position to take an elite Qb prospect, you have to do it. We have plenty of picks and cap space to build the defense. If we went to these lengths of gutting the roster and accumulating draft picks and still failed to land the qb we are targeting, it will be a disaster.

Ross was right abo
that problem it hard say who is going be good at that qb spot.. for example jets qb. Seem to be heading toward being bust. He was supposed be best qb in 2018
I was thinking about that as well. It used to be that quarterbacks took a few years to develop (Marino was an exception). But now most of the young guys coming out are good from the get-go. Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Wenz and now Murray all started out playing well. There are some outliers like Goff, but he has also taken a step back after looking like a top 10 quarterback.

Funny that the Fins also have 4 former first round picks for the dline. Harris, Taco, Wilkins, Nkemdiche. Too bad that 2 are reclamation projects and 1 other never should have been drafted in the first round and was moved to lb.
That says a lot right there. SF struck gold with Bosa and Buckner. Miami not so much.

If Miami wanted to blueprint SF here’s what I would do: Sign Teddy Bridgewater I think he’s a similar level QB (game manager/potential Franchise guy) without giving up premium compensation 9ers got Jimmy G for some seconds. Draft Chase Young to be your Bosa, Draft Tristan Wirfs to be your Mcglinchey, Resign Talib to be your Vet CB ala sherman, Sign Dante Fowler Jr to be your speed rusher (Dee Ford), hope and pray Mike G keeps developing to be a poor mans Kittle at least in the passing game. And then pick up a fast RB or a few Fast RBs Deandre Swift would be my top Choice, then Jonathan Taylor or maybe even Melvin Gordon in Fa. And that would be my year 1 plan to try and emulate SF.

Not saying this is what we should do, just wanted to do a mock offseason that followed a similar team building style to the NFLs top rebuilt team this year
Not saying I would do that either, but that is very interesting. I do think Bridgewater is at that Jimmy G level. Maybe Jimmy G takes his game up a notch as 49ers add offensive talent, but I think that's a fair comparison. Some scouts are saying Young is a better prospect than Bosa. I don't know about that, but he doesn't have the injury concerns and has flat-out dominated.

Have to say Shanahan has done a really good job there with an offense that doesn't have a lot of talent. Flores and the coaching staff are still a wildcard in Miami, although I feel better since the Washington game. The team has at least been competitive.

I think the blueprint to building Miami is in plain site. Miami apparently didn't clear out all that cap space for nothing. I'm not one for spending big in F/A, to be honest. But according to Grier, they plan on being very aggressive during the 2020 F/A period. Dallas CB Byron Jones could be a target, as well as, OG Brandon Sherff of Washington. This is a deep F/A class from what I've read. Along with the enormous amount of cap space, Miami has about 14 draft picks. I can see a scenario, where Miami adds to its Offensive Line via F/A and brings in Byron Jones to play along side of Xavien Howard. That would allow Miami to potentially become draft day movers and shakers? Navigating the draft board to select their types of players who fit the system. Of course, all this is predicated on whether F/A view Miami as a viable option and truly want to be part of the organization?

I agree there has to be a balance. As of now, I can’t see Tua ever being the best qb in the league like Marino. However, I do think he will be good enough to mask some of our other flaws. The point is that if we’re in position to take an elite Qb prospect, you have to do it. We have plenty of picks and cap space to build the defense. If we went to these lengths of gutting the roster and accumulating draft picks and still failed to land the qb we are targeting, it will be a disaster.
That’s fair enough

I think the blueprint to building Miami is in plain site. Miami apparently didn't clear out all that cap space for nothing. I'm not one for spending big in F/A, to be honest. But according to Grier, they plan on being very aggressive during the 2020 F/A period. Dallas CB Byron Jones could be a target, as well as, OG Brandon Sherff of Washington. This is a deep F/A class from what I've read. Along with the enormous amount of cap space, Miami has about 14 draft picks. I can see a scenario, where Miami adds to its Offensive Line via F/A and brings in Byron Jones to play along side of Xavien Howard. That would allow Miami to potentially become draft day movers and shakers? Navigating the draft board to select their types of players who fit the system. Of course, all this is predicated on whether F/A view Miami as a viable option and truly want to be part of the organization?

So apart from the guys you mentioned do you know any other potential FAs who we could be interested in and would be viable targets?

You want us to potentially take two 1st round running backs?
No was saying Swift is my top choice if he wasn’t available settle for Taylor. But id probably Draft 2 RBs. Another speedster late

No was saying Swift is my top choice if he wasn’t available settle for Taylor. But id probably Draft 2 RBs. Another speedster late

Ah okay I see what you meant. I almost had a heart attack. I like Walton.

Just want see dolphins getting back to olden days. Being good team. Dolphins was fun team w Dan Marino.

You obviously need a team to win the super bowl. But these are quarterbacks who give you a chance to win big. Interestingly, look at the age of the top quarterbacks on the list (albeit the list may not be 100 percent accurate). In the next 3-5 years, Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers and Rivers could all be out of the league. So the opportunity is there for Miami if they find the right guy.

Right now, the best of the young guns are Mahomes, Watson, Wenz and maybe Lamar Jackson. Baker Mayfield might end up there as well, although this year has been a disappointment for him.

The big thing is having a QB who makes clutch plays at clutch moments when it matters.

Eli Manning and his Two rings are a testament to that !

Back
Top Bottom