Dolphins Report - USA TOday 12/2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Report - USA TOday 12/2

"COACHING: A-plus  Bill Parcells received the pre-game headlines, but Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt is worthy of praise after leading a team teetering on the brink of falling apart at 5-4 to three consecutive victories. Offensive coordinator Norv Turner designed his best game plan of the season, using motion and play-fakes to counteract the speed of Dallas' quick defense."

didn't think I'd be seeing that any time this year... congrats to wanny and norv... great game.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
"\Norv Turner designed his best game plan of the season, using motion and play-fakes to counteract the speed of Dallas' quick defense."

This was finally the offense we'd expected to see all year (or I had, anyway) - the one Norv claimed we'd have now that players had a year's experience with it. The variety of plays backs a defense off from just playing against Ricky to run, and does so largely without requiring the QB to throw downfield a lot.

If it wasn't a one-game thing, and Miami can execute that well consistently, the Dolphins will be very difficult to beat. Only teams with a very good offense and a well-balanced defense would stand a chance.

Of course, consistency is still the big question. The next two games will tell us a lot more.

You guys remember the brilliant game-plan for the first half of the game at New England last year that had the Dolphins ahead 21-10? Thanksgiving Day looked a lot like that. I am hoping for a repeat of that, only, for the entire game against the Pats this time around.

Back
Top Bottom