Dolphins Reportedly Front Runner To Land De Trey Flowers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Reportedly Front Runner To Land De Trey Flowers

I would love either Flowers or Malcolm Brown. Both young and bring knowledge of our scheme.

I agree with the above comments that this would be a great fit for our rebuild. Even if we don't get our QB this year and do wait for 2020, I would love to see the QB implemented with a team in place around him to succeed and these players would fit that very well.

Is Trey Flowers really a game changer at pass rusher? That's the only way I'd spend top money on him. We've been pretty bad at finding DEs (especially overpaying for ones) lately.

Really hard to swallow this kind of signing happening given the primary directive Grier has established.

This kind of move puts a LOT of credibility on the line for (IMO) a "non-game changer" but yea

a very strong player in the right system WITH the right cast...

My .02. I hope we stay away (FAR away) and find our own 4th rounder with similar chops

rather than bail on the "sustainable program" before it's even started.

BNF

if we can get 3 good young f/a and 3 good draft pick out 2019. that good start

Just as long as we resign X first I'm happy to add Flowers too. What an offseason start if this is the case.

You need an ‘on the field’ teacher ... and an example setter for both philosophy and scheme - and he would seem to fit perfectly. Expensive, but perfect fit .... TOTALLY different than Suh!! Who was NOT the type of example setter the team needed. Suh was NOT a team guy at all, and was a colossal waste of $$$$ .....

He
He was an anchor for the Patriots defense who stifled the Rams..

He's a great player.

He’s a good player. Calling him a great player is a stretch.
Patriots are all about scheme. He’s not an elite pass rusher in this league and doesn’t deserve to be paid as one.

If this was to happen, and that's a big "IF"...

I don't think this is a signing meant to bring fame and glamour to the organization. I think its about adding stability on the field and in the locker room.

I've always thought that when we finally engage in a proper rebuild, the first "class" of players may not be the ones that take us to greatness. But their job is to begin the tradition; establish the foundation and set the standard.

A great winning organization cycles through phases and players continuously. You can't single handily pin point one great player or one great team. If it is a great organization, you have a collection of great players and great teams writing their own chapters.

This isn't a Suh type of move. This would be a player to help stabilize the organization so we can begin building.

Every phase in a organization's life cycle needs the right leaders. Not every person's role is meant to bring championships. Some people's abilities and talents are specifically designed to shepherd an organization to the next phase. No glory, no fame, just doing their part until the moment is right for the work to pay off.

Make no mistake, we are organization building.

I would prefer the more versatile, more talented Anthony Barr, but maybe we do go buy at least one player that we need for this defense..

I dunno.

It looks good on paper, but we have signed how many free agents that didn’t perform as expected.

Maybe Flowers would, especially since he worked with Flores.

I guess I’m kinda gun shy. A little tired of monster FA signings with not a lot of return.

Who would know him better than Flores? With him being so young, I'm sure if he wants him, Grier (Ross) will pay to get him. If he passes, then you know he isn't worth the coin he'll be seeking. Great to have that inside insight on a top FA.

Love this kid. Had him at least a dozen times in high school when he played here for Columbia a decade ago. Wonderful kid and great player.

Speaking of that area. Welcome to Madison.

Back
Top Bottom