Dolphins Reportedly Front Runner To Land De Trey Flowers | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Reportedly Front Runner To Land De Trey Flowers

He was an anchor for the Patriots defense who stifled the Rams..

He's a great player.

Let’s not lose our wits here! He’s an above avg all around good player...not great! He’s definitely not a “great” pass rusher. He anchored a very average DL.

I think it’s a solid signing because he can be a very good 2nd DE. It’s a deep DE class and paired with a top DE would be worth the money they’d be paying 2 DEs for the next 4-5 years.

I dunno.

It looks good on paper, but we have signed how many free agents that didn’t perform as expected.

Maybe Flowers would, especially since he worked with Flores.

I guess I’m kinda gun shy. A little tired of monster FA signings with not a lot of return.

Get him to pair with a legit pass rushing rookie DE

If he is asking for 15M a year and we are dumping Quinn 12, Wake 10 and Branch 8 seems like a good idea for a young proven guy the coach is familiar with. We still have 15M savings vs the guys we are cutting to grab some more talent. That is based on last years numbers, I don't know if Wake is on this years cap so if not still saves 5M. Unless I am missing something. We get this guy, draft another one and see if Harris can turn the corner. Im all for it.

If he is asking for 15M a year and we are dumping Quinn 12, Wake 10 and Branch 8 seems like a good idea for a young proven guy the coach is familiar with. We still have 15M savings vs the guys we are cutting to grab some more talent. That is based on last years numbers, I don't know if Wake is on this years cap so if not still saves 5M. Unless I am missing something. We get this guy, draft another one and see if Harris can turn the corner. Im all for it.
Wake is a FA.

Absolutely. I get the whole “tanking” idea. But you still need SOME players. If we go into 2019 with just a bunch of backups on our team, we won’t be a competitive team for years, regardless of who we are tanking for

Exactly this. You can’t just flip a switch when you decide and have an all pro roster. Rebuilds (resets, whatever you want to call them) don’t just happen over night. You steadily build your talent up to a point where you have one or two missing pieces, not “okay we have a QB, now lets draft/sign 25 starters”

Reminds me of when we had Vernon and he was set to hit free agency.
Decent player but way over priced.

This is potentially very interesting because Bill Belichick refuses to overpay. He sets his value and is rigid - he will not overpay and all of the team and all of the agents know it. It is part of being a disciplinarian and sending a message that everyone but Tom Brady, can be replaced. Make no mistake, Flowers is a very good player and he is potentially available because Bill sets the rules (and he likes collecting the compensatory Draft picks). I hope that we get him.

That's too rich for a guy who never posted double digit sacks in any single season. I understand he's a good run defender and is a very good player. But that's too much

This just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me unless we have a qb

Reminds me of when we had Vernon and he was set to hit free agency.
Decent player but way over priced.

If we get him for the same contract as Vernon then that’s not terrible. Cap has gone up 33 million so you have to take that into consideration. I’m okay with 15 a year absolutely thrilled if we can get him for 12-13.

Back
Top Bottom