Dolphins Reportedly Front Runner To Land De Trey Flowers | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Reportedly Front Runner To Land De Trey Flowers

DE Trey Flowers gets cleanup on shoulder

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots defensive end Trey Flowers, who projects as one of the top free agents on the market, is rehabbing from a recent shoulder surgery that is not considered serious, league sources told ESPN. The surgery was described as more of a cleanup.

It can be commonplace for players to have such surgeries after the season, as it accelerates their timelines to potentially be ready for the offseason program and other activities. Flowers' timeline, compared to most others around the NFL, was condensed after the Patriots' season ended Feb. 3 with the Super Bowl LIII win.

Flowers, 25, played in 15 regular-season games and all three postseason games last season. The one game he missed was due to a concussion.

The 6-foot-2, 265-pound Flowers has led the Patriots in sacks each of the past three seasons, with his 7.5 in 2018 a career high.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26127741/de-flowers-gets-cleanup-shoulder

I'd bring back Hayes for sure. He is a great run stopper. We weren't the same defense after he went down. As far as spending crazy money I thought we're trying to be smarter regarding huge contracts for non QBs. But, if all our former NE coaches think that we must have Flowers for leadership, the future etc. then make a deal. Just be right.

Hell of a time to be on the Tank

C.J. Mosley

" The Ravens will not use the franchise tag on C.J. Mosley, a representative of the linebacker told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

That will make Mosley an unrestricted free agent next week."

Franchise tag around 15 mil Ravens can't pay but he'll get more....

Dolphins luck.......gee do we need a PB LBr ? Guys only 26 too...but "another one bites the dust "

Oh Jordan Hicks and Denzel Perryman also out there... Hicks 27 & Perry 26........

Sometimes I do think this team actually is cursed....

Hell of a time to be on the Tank

C.J. Mosley

" The Ravens will not use the franchise tag on C.J. Mosley, a representative of the linebacker told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

That will make Mosley an unrestricted free agent next week."

Franchise tag around 15 mil Ravens can't pay but he'll get more....

Dolphins luck.......gee do we need a PB LBr ? Guys only 26 too...but "another one bites the dust "

Oh Jordan Hicks and Denzel Perryman also out there... Hicks 27 & Perry 26........

Sometimes I do think this team actually is cursed....

I'd love that guy here too..

Him more than Flowers at the moment, but both will be huge assets.

I'd love that guy here too..

Him more than Flowers at the moment, but both will be huge assets.

HUGE.....
and just 26 years old....
Keep thinkin of all these songs

We were in the right place but it must have been the wrong time....

Wonder to what extent, Griers and Co. if any, will go for a Flowers or Mosley quality. Ya think maybe one ? I doubt it and sadly also understand....

HUGE.....
and just 26 years old....
Keep thinkin of all these songs

We were in the right place but it must have been the wrong time....

Wonder to what extent, Griers and Co. if any, will go for a Flowers or Mosley quality. Ya think maybe one ? I doubt it and sadly also understand....

Show me a head coach and GM under pressure to win and turning their backs on big time talent......they don’t exist. Just saying.

Tanking isn’t going to happen.

Show me a head coach and GM under pressure to win and turning their backs on big time talent......they don’t exist. Just saying.

Tanking isn’t going to happen.

Tanking probably a little extreme of a action. But cutting back on moves that the costs are very serious and the idea stated of a whatever level sort of rebuild, with a distant achievable success in order, is possibly more likely. Though we will need a sprinkle here and there of one or two guys like this, just afraid its not now...
Also don't see the owner with that usual expected winning pressure for this year on the GM and possibly even next.

Be interesting to see this new Organization and the level at this time that they are willing to achieve. Truthfully thought Flowers also a fantasy with the N.E. pixy dust of connection with Flores, making it more alluring.

Tanking probably a little extreme of a action. But cutting back on moves that the costs are very serious and the idea stated of a whatever level sort of rebuild, with a distant achievable success in order, is possibly more likely. Though we will need a sprinkle here and there of one or two guys like this, just afraid its not now...
Also don't see the owner with that usual expected winning pressure for this year on the GM and possibly even next.

Be interesting to see this new Organization and the level at this time that they are willing to achieve. Truthfully thought Flowers also a fantasy with the N.E. pixy dust of connection with Flores, making it more alluring.

Our cap is a mess. We should be cheapskates for the time being.

:bang::nuke::surr:

If he is a leader and talent bring him aboard. Fills a need, young, fits and knows the system. Get more picks in the draft Jimmy Johnson style go quantity with quality on the defensive side of the ball. Get the backers and linemen needed to run the system. Next yr can focus more on offense.

I'd bring back Hayes for sure. He is a great run stopper. We weren't the same defense after he went down. As far as spending crazy money I thought we're trying to be smarter regarding huge contracts for non QBs. But, if all our former NE coaches think that we must have Flowers for leadership, the future etc. then make a deal. Just be right.
Good player but he ended on IR his last two seasons and he'll be a year older. I think is time to move on. As far as Flowers, I doubt we over pay for him. Flores knows that the defense helped Flowers a lot.

I would pass on Flowers.
Draft well and build on the cheap.
In a couple years when the team is a player or two away, then add the high price FA to put you into the SB.
This team needs physical players at the point of attack on both sides of the ball.
Roll with Wake another year and draft well

I think a lot of people are going to have a hard time adjusting to the new dolphin way. Jus like another team not to mention. Will not go chasing after all the new shine toys at the yard sale. We will wait til the end and then buy some of the stuff people didn't wanna pay full price for for half price. No more being the first people waiting outside in the road for the sale to begin.

Back
Top Bottom