Dolphins Reportedly Front Runner To Land De Trey Flowers | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Reportedly Front Runner To Land De Trey Flowers

We can split it.

I am sure we can get a few more FH members to chip in and alleviate your financial burden.

Your last sentence should be in the Pro's column, no? I doubt he's moving to Quarterback.
What are you even talking about. I would just much rather use this year to find out what we have in some players on the roster. See what we have in Woodward, draft a guy like Burns, and just let our young guys prove themselves. I just think he's an overrated player is all.

Your post is clueless on so many levels that i wouldnt even know where to begin.
Ego has nothing to do with it.
These discussions pertain to what is the proper way to build a contending team and how does a FO effectively deal with a salary cap. The only one injecting any emotion into this discussion is you.

I think you would have trouble knowing where to begin on any number of questions you were challenged with. It has nothing to do with the question. Alas, another post with many words but absolutely no content. What part of "the money has to be spent" don't you understand. Explain to me, in detail, how it's "utterly ridiculous" to pay him 15 million as opposed to 11 million. What will that prevent? How will that set the franchise back? I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with questions that are difficult to answer, but that's part of a discussion.

I see you don't know what Trey Flowers does on the field.

The point was I don't see any evidence of him coming to Miami but yes I know what he does on the field. Don't see him getting that kind of production with Miami's current supporting cast (offense that can't stay on the field) but in the long shot he did I'd be elated.

It is kind of humorous and says a hell of a lot that we all have views of whats right or wrong with players being released or possibly picked up or money spend when truthfully I don't think anyone actually knows enough of much, to make these kinds of predictions with any real credibility, its all just guessing at this point.
Have no clue to
1. Plan
2. Timeline
3. type of players to build the system on
4. The System ?
5. Players they feel they can work with
6. QB ideas, this draft next draft, next draft FA ?, Falk, or whatever
7. How they manage the cap ?

We just don't know and there has not been enough of anything to even speculate their views, tendencies and abilities...
I mean we no so so so very little of anything besides the names of the New Staff and a idea of Griers past under a completely different environment and level of responsibility.

Now individual player evaluation is debatable but the fit and importance in the Organizations plan and its cohesion into a working cap is not really even known to US to make that judgement call,,, Yet...

Even worse, the Sun Sentinel is throwing around numbers like 15-17 million.
That’s utterly ridiculous. Flowers is not an elite player. He’s a good system player. This is not Von Miller or JJ Watt.
Flowers is possibly worth 10-11 million per year.[/QUOTE
You pay 25 year old Defensive Ends that have success in the defense Miami is running.

Cutting Branch and Quinn opened up the space his contract will take up, so in reality it's no different than keeping those scrubs around.

Have you listened to Chris Grier’s comments that he would rather have 2 good players on his team than 1 great one. You’re the one advocating for the exact opposite of what he has said in the press. Why would any sucessful player who is a free agent want to sign with a team that is going through a rebuilding phase and the rebuild is just beginning?

Wake had 6 sacks last year and they're letting him go. Why is Flowers such a big upgrade? No way we sign Flowers IMO. SMH 9 pages of posts over speculation that doesn't balance with reality...must be the off season.

Granted he's not the kind of PR talent compared to a younger Wake. But have you watched the guy do everything else? Wake has never been on this guys level when it comes to manning that edge. Teams routinely ran at our DEs and especially Wake. There's a reason for that.

What are you even talking about. I would just much rather use this year to find out what we have in some players on the roster. See what we have in Woodward, draft a guy like Burns, and just let our young guys prove themselves. I just think he's an overrated player is all.

We can do all that and still sign Flowers to help the process along faster.

You implied you hard time paying the $$$, I offered financial assistance.

Granted he's not the kind of PR talent compared to a younger Wake. But have you watched the guy do everything else? Wake has never been on this guys level when it comes to manning that edge. Teams routinely ran at our DEs and especially Wake. There's a reason for that.

The,"Wake is a run game sieve," thing, has always been a popular thing to say around here, but it isn't reality.

Wake's decent run defense grades have always been over shadowed by his elite pass rushing ability, but his run defense grades have never been bad, neither have his coverage grades.

It just isn't true; on the other hand, it is true that Trey Flowers run defense grades are elite.

I think our scheme is more LB's getting the tackles getting Flowers may shut down an edge but teams would then go up the middle. Would be like getting a 2016 Branch which also happened to be when we went to the playoffs a fluke because we put up less than 24 ppg that year. Last year started out great and I agree with Gase saying injuries were obviously the reason we didn't make the playoffs. The speed our offense was starting to produce then we speculate if William Hayes and Josh Sitton injuries would have an impact, lol then everyone else goes down.

upload_2019-3-9_11-30-37.png

Have you listened to Chris Grier’s comments that he would rather have 2 good players on his team than 1 great one. You’re the one advocating for the exact opposite of what he has said in the press. Why would any sucessful player who is a free agent want to sign with a team that is going through a rebuilding phase and the rebuild is just beginning?

I agree with the first part of what you said.

As it pertains to Flowers, why would you not?

I mean just for starters......Fishing.
It’s Miami. (Or Broward)
It’s Money.
Taxes. (less of them)
It’s scheme familiarity.
Doesn’t have to face Tunsil x 2.
It’s not Belichek.
It’s Flores.
It’s not the end of a dynasty.
It’s the beginning of a dynasty.
It’s not New England.
Xavien, Minkah and some OSU LBs.
Stone crabs > Maine Lobster.
Exiting your house November to mid April.
Because we are not the Jets.
Because we can beat New England.
Because we are not Buffalo.

And oh ya, it’s Miami. (Or Broward)

Did I do good? I feel like I did good.

Will wait patiently for fishfanmiami to like my post. Fishing is a priority people. For those of you who don't, thank you, from those of us who do.

Last edited:
A couple of articles from Pro Football Focus on Trey Flowers.
The 6-foot-2, 265-pounder isn’t the explosive, quick-twitch pass-rusher he’s so often compared to (i.e., Mack, Von Miller, Dee Ford), but the bottom line is: He gets the job done.

Flowers recorded an 18.5 pass-rush win percentage across his 443 pass-rush snaps in 2018, which is tied for third with Denver Broncos’ Miller among edge defenders with 300 pass-rush snaps on the year. He recorded 65 total pressures (44 hurries, 12 hits and nine sacks) in the process, good for the fourth-highest pressure percentage (14.7%) among the same group of edge defenders.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...t-year-on-high-note-bound-for-massive-pay-day

Of the 68 NFL edge defenders with 1,200-plus snaps in the last three regular seasons (2016-18), Flowers ranks ninth in overall grade (88.7) and run-defense grade (84.8) and his best season to date for the 25-year-old veteran came in 2018, as he earned career-highs in overall grade (90.4), run-defense grade (88.5) and pass-rush grade (80.6).

Flowers’ 25 defense stops in the run game ranked tied for eighth among qualifiers. Also, his run-defense grade on early downs (90.1) ranked third among all edge defenders. His run defense has been consistent year over year in the NFL, and his high-end success even dates back to his college days with Arkansas.
In addition to his run defense, Flowers brings elite versatility to the table. He has played the fourth-most defensive snaps away from edge defender in the last two years and earned an 83.0 overall grade in the process, ranking eighth among qualifiers.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...p-player-significant-value-add-in-free-agency

Back
Top Bottom