Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!! | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!!

My first choice is Mike McDaniels from the 49ers. But Daboll does have some balance to his offenses.

JMHO, Daboll is a good example of an OC who performs better with better talent. That's not a knock on Daboll. Every OC will look worse on a bad O and better on a good O.
If Mia selects an OC as the new HC, my initial evaluation will be directly linked to his OC/DC, PARTICULARLY DC. I really don't want newbies unless all the good ones are gone

Was reading on twitter today that Jon Schoen (Assistant General Manager for the Buffalo Bills) has a second interview and is a favorite for the Giants GM job. Is it a package deal for the Giants -- Schoen and Daboll?

If Daboll interviews and actually takes the Miami job, it’ll speak volumes of what he feels Tua can be in this league. Daboll coached Tua in college and knows the AFC East he has to get through.

I’m a Tua fan but I need the confidence boost. If Daboll stakes his HC job on riding with Tua, my fandom would be re-energized!

Last edited:
If Daboll interviews and actually takes the Miami job, it’ll speak volumes of what he feels Tua can be in this league.
I'm not so sure that would necessarily be the correct conclusion. Possible? Yes, but not the only possibility.

If Daboll interviews and actually takes the Miami job, it’ll speak volumes of what he feels Tua can be in this league.
Or he'll like the fact he can get his guy in 23, when the Fins have 2x 1st and could flip X for another...?

Or he'll like the fact he can get his guy in 23, when the Fins have 2x 1st and could flip X for another...?
Yep, we have quite a bit of flexibility, not to mention cap space, going forward.

I don't know that Tua being penciled in as next season's default starter has the implications some believe when it comes to a HC hire.

Yep, we have quite a bit of flexibility, not to mention cap space, going forward.

I don't know that Tua being penciled in as next season's default starter has the implications some believe when it comes to a HC hire.
Like I've said before, at worst, its a risk free year for the incoming HC... Best case scenario is Tua ends up taking a major step and everyone celebrates, worst case HC tells Grier he tried with his guy but now he wants his shot at a QB... Win/Win...

Was reading on twitter today that Jon Schoen (Assistant General Manager for the Buffalo Bills) has a second interview and is a favorite for the Giants GM job. Is it a package deal for the Giants -- Schoen and Daboll?
There have been local rumors that where Schoen gets hired will have Daboll or Frazier as HC.

Schoen and Daboll also reportedly interviewed with the Bears the day after the Pats game.

Back
Top Bottom