Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!! | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!!

JMHO, Daboll is a good example of an OC who performs better with better talent. That's not a knock on Daboll. Every OC will look worse on a bad O and better on a good O.
If Mia selects an OC as the new HC, my initial evaluation will be directly linked to his OC/DC, PARTICULARLY DC. I really don't want newbies unless all the good ones are gone
Our history has been pretty abysmal with newbie head coaches, your position is understandable. However, every successful head coach was a newbie at some point in his history/career. I suppose it matters a great deal what pieces were either in place or brought in early in the new rookie head coaches tenure, so that might be worth investigating, but still, that doesn’t change the absolute truth that all head coaches were newbies at some point.

Hopefully we look around and make the best out of the other interviews .

1. Hire Brian Daboll as HC
2. Build around Tua in 2022 unless someone much better becomes available
3. Upgrade backup QB and sign Mitch Trubisky (knows Daboll's offense already)
4. Sign one or two of the top offensive line free agents (break the bank)
5. If there are still questions about Tua after 2022 season then find new QB with draft capital in 2023.
6. Drink Bleach once fans start calling for Trubisky to start.

Our history has been pretty abysmal with newbie head coaches, your position is understandable. However, every successful head coach was a newbie at some point in his history/career. I suppose it matters a great deal what pieces were either in place or brought in early in the new rookie head coaches tenure, so that might be worth investigating, but still, that doesn’t change the absolute truth that all head coaches were newbies at some point.

Don't disagree and I understand all HCs had to get their 1st job. Matter of fact, I was optimistic on Flo. Given that, I'd rather Mia hire Reid or Payton than Daboll.
My concern is well illustrated by Flo - comes in with experience in D and, no surprise the D played well. Which gets me back to my initial point. If Mia hires a newbie, let's say, previous DC, a heavy portion of my initial opinion of him will be who he gets as OC. TBF, Flo started with Caldwell, but I've lost patience with HCs who have no experience with O and hire a newbie OC

Why doesn't Daboll run the ball more? Singletary and Moss are both better runners than anything on the Dolphins. I don't think the Bills will go far because of their inability to run the ball well. Allen will struggle in the post season.

Why doesn't Daboll run the ball more? Singletary and Moss are both better runners than anything on the Dolphins. I don't think the Bills will go far because of their inability to run the ball well. Allen will struggle in the post season.
Did u see the game vs the patriots?

Did u see the game vs the patriots?
Yes. They ran it a lot more than usual but throughout the season they rarely run the ball. In fact, that first game loss vs the Steelers if they ran the ball more, I think they would've won.

Yes. They ran it a lot more than usual but throughout the season they rarely run the ball. In fact, that first game loss vs the Steelers if they ran the ball more, I think they would've won.
Umm…the bills have the 4th rated rushing offense in the NFL, and the 3rd ranked in scoring?

Umm…the bills have the 4th rated rushing offense in the NFL, and the 3rd ranked in scoring?
It's 6th rated per rushing yards
Josh Allen rushing stats......

Those numbers are a lie. Without Allen's 700+ rushing yards, the Bills would be bottom tier in the running game. I wish we had Singletary or Zac Moss. Both are solid backs.

Bills were 13th in rushing attempts this season... I dont view this as problematic tbh.

It's 6th rated per rushing yards
Josh Allen rushing stats......

Those numbers are a lie. Without Allen's 700+ rushing yards, the Bills would be bottom tier in the running game. I wish we had Singletary or Zac Moss. Both are solid backs.
You adjust your system to best take advantage of your players strengths. If we had Josh Allen, I’d expect we’d let him run it a bit as well since he’s so successful with it.

I suggest my 14YO pip squeak dog that is not even mine. Excitable, non executable, about to die, Sounds like a weiner. So fed up. I love Fins. I I have been let for, I dunno. 30 years or so. Had the surprise season 2006 or whatever. Cat is out of the bag. Get An O-Line. At least once in life.

Isn’t struggling yet. And our Run game is doing just fine the last 4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom