Dolphins Roster: Bottom-3rd talent-wise? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Roster: Bottom-3rd talent-wise?

I’m really trying to resist the old cliche, but can’t.....You must be fun at parties.
Seems like no matter what we do it’s going to be another half decade down the drain. OP has given us 2 examples that will lead us to another half decade down the drain. Guess that’s where this is headed.

Our "skills" are, but I think it's a little early to judge our O-line "talent". Both Flowers and Karras are middle if the pack, not bottom third, and there are 3 rookies.

If you want to say they are playing like rookies, I agree.
This is a good point, I mean do folks think we need to replace Jackson, Kindley and Hunt already?

Our "skills" are, but I think it's a little early to judge our O-line "talent". Both Flowers and Karras are middle if the pack, not bottom third, and there are 3 rookies.

If you want to say they are playing like rookies, I agree.
Yah it’s really more a shot at the skill players. I really like the potential of our young line, but they can’t make up for the embarrassment that our WR, RB and to a lesser degree TE room are.

I'd say middle of the pack. Up to this point they've gotten great development from both 2nd yr players and most of the rookies. Most teams can't say the same. If they continue to develop the players, I can see a jump into the top tier in the next yr or two. Miami has an advantage in having what appears to be a young well respected coach.

Last edited:
Here's what pumps me up. Flores has this team at 6-4 without a lot of overall talent. They lack talent at the skill positions, linebacker, o-line, and d-line. Just imagine what he will be able to do when he gets more talent across the board.

Man, 1 loss and the wheels fall off! We have the youngest roster in the NFL and it is ascending! We have a really fine Head Coach and the QB phenom we dreamed about. Denver was the first time Tua looked overmatched and he's a rookie on his 4th start. Very few rookie QBs come into the NFL and are instantly sizzling! Tua has shown a lot of good and he's shown some things that need correcting. If we let the team develop Tua the right way we will have a great QB for many years. He is not the wrong pick, Herbert is not better and we need to come in from the ledge and take some deep breaths collectively!
Flo has a way of figuring things out. Remember the 1- 3 start and how awful the defense looked and I know I was questioning Boyer and the whole scheme. The D settled down and started playing much better and even became a scoring threat scooping up fumbles, intercepting passes and sacking enemy QBs like rag dolls. I expect the sane type of fix for the offense this week. I expect better everything on offense. I want better run blocking followed by better running. I want the ball out of Tua's hand quickly in the beginning until we can hit them with some play action passes downfield. I want to see Tua to be much more decisive in the pocket and if a play goes bad throw it away, fast, before he takes a hit. I'd like to see some motion to help our receivers get open. We should be throwing safe passes to our RBs for easy yardage like every other team. Brieda could catch when he was with the 49ers why not throw him some outlet passes in space. Anyway, the whole deal needs to be way better from stem to stern. I have faith in our coaches that we'll start a new win streak. By the way, we've won 5 of our last 6!!!! Not awful!!!

I definitely feel like the sum is better than the parts. That always seemed to be the case in NE as well. Miami's secondary is definitely close to top 5. In fact, I think the OP's rankings of each unit are pretty spot on.

If you take those rankings, the Dolphins talent is about average. But keep in mind that Miami is also the youngest team in the NFL. Tua's development will obviously say a lot. I know he's coming off a down game, but that could actually be good for him.

I have Ogbah, Howard and possibly Jones
I was struggling to come up with 4, but forgot about Ogbah. I would put Rowe as borderline, as well, the way he is playing.

Thing is, when most ppl put together that type of list, they consider multiple seasons, not just a snapshot in time.

Also noteable that defensive players are the only ones even in consideration.

I said it before the win streak but this team lacks playmakers everywhere except Byron Jones and Howard. Quick sand parker is ok.

I was struggling to come up with 4, but forgot about Ogbah. I would put Rowe as borderline, as well, the way he is playing.

Thing is, when most ppl put together that type of list, they consider multiple seasons, not just a snapshot in time.

Also noteable that defensive players are the only ones even in consideration.
Maybe Jason Sanders but probably not popular enough yet

I said it before the win streak but this team lacks playmakers everywhere except Byron Jones and Howard. Quick sand parker is ok.
Jones is solid. But he’s definitely not a playmaker. But that’s ok as long as he’s shutting down his side of the field. But he’s not grabbing ints.

Back
Top Bottom