Dolphins Score Big With Josh Rosen Trade

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CardCore, Apr 28, 2019.

1. CardCore

CardCore Member

Hi, I'm an Az Cardinal fan and just wanted to drop by and congratulate you all for acquiring Josh.
    I expect he will impress you all and be at starting QB at some point during the 2019 season. I was thrilled when the Cards were able to trade up and get him in 2018, and while I understand the team deciding to go in a different direction once they were at #1, I hated the way everything unfolded and the way ownership and management handled everything so ham-handedly. Their loss is your gain.

Josh was raised playing tennis, and the footwork involved with that lends well to natural accuracy throwing the football. Many times last season he was throwing darts through tiny windows for completions that were quite impressive, some of them fairly long.
    The problems that surrounded him last season were multiple and frustrating. The O line to begin with was bottom tier and started with a rookie center, due to the starting C going on IR in preseason. I watched several times when our rookie C "rolled" the ball to Josh instead of snapping it, and Josh each time was level headed enough to scoop it up from the ground and make a play.
    Slowly and steadily every single O lineman except that rookie C found their way to IR until the resulting mess of O linemen were absolutely horrid.

The only wide receivers Josh could depend on were Larry Fitz (of course) and Christian Kirk. Even David Johnson our RB, a sure handed receiver was basically unused by the inept coaching staff as a receiver. The TE group was not utilized much at all and proved adept at dropping passes over and over.
    To make it worse, David was also incorrectly used in even the run game, trying to send him up the middle, again, over and over ad nauseum.

Finally? Josh had a pathetic OC in McCoy and later with Byron after McCoy was let go. I was real happy to see the Cards wash their hands of that coaching staff after the season, because I had actually turned off my TV several times during the season by halftime because the inability to execute was just too hard to watch, let alone describe as entertainment. It was excruciating.

Josh needs an O line that will give him 2 to 3 seconds to make reads and set his feet. If he can get that with your team, along with receivers that don't have hands made of stone, you should see some exciting games in 2019. He was never afforded the opportunity to have the game "slow down" for him in Az. I hope it can happen for him while he's with your team!

Sorry for the extra long post, good luck next season!

CardCore

2. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Thank you and welcome. Good luck this year.

3. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Thanks for the post. Been interested to hear what Cards fans think of him.

It would be awesome if after 2 decades lost in the desert, the man from the desert is finally “the one” to bring the Dolphins back.

Rosen wears #3. D. Wade wore #3. Marino wore #13. Griese wore #12. 1+2 = 3.

3 is the lucky number for Miami.

4. AEGBRG

AEGBRG 9th Season Coming Soon

Thanks for the post with your perspective as I did not see a single Cardinals game last year. It will take us time to put all the pieces together around him because right now there isn't much (similar to your situation). I have no doubt once they are, Rosen can be a good or even great QB. As you said, he got a raw deal in Arizona. Good luck with Murray.

CardCore likes this.
  5. Trifecta Nation

Trifecta Nation Rookie

Aw, man! You had me feeling pretty good until right here. :lol: :nah:

Hey, best of luck to you this season as well! :cheers:

illscriptures and CardCore like this.
  6. CardCore

CardCore Member

Thanks Andyahs!

I'm sure you guys have already watched Rosen high lights from you tube, but just in case:

7. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Please football gods, grace us Tua or Trevor Finheaven VIP

Looking at those highlights. I don't see a bad qb mechanically at all, to be honest he's the best qb mechanically Miami has had since 13.

I think this kid can be the real deal if Miami can protect him. He maneuvers a pocket quite well.

8. CardCore

CardCore Member

Lol...thank you TN... :)

9. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

Super classy post, thanks for that and welcome! Good Luck this year, Murray is going to be electric!

Vaark and CardCore like this.
  10. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

Miami's OL isn't really going to help matters for Rosen.

rickd13 likes this.
  11. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2 Finheaven VIP

Thanks for the post CardCore!

You guys had a pretty damn solid draft, I hope you can turn it around this year! Best of luck to you!

CardCore likes this.
  12. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

Thanks for the good write up Cardcore! I am feeling more and more okay with this move and hopefully it'll work out well us and I think you guys got a good one too so it seems like both our teams came out really well here.

Vaark and CardCore like this.
  13. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

I think Penny holds that distinction, but Rosen's mechanics don't look too bad to me at all.

14. CardCore

CardCore Member

Thanks for the warm reception everyone. I appreciate it and will be watching Miami every chance I get in 2019.

Again, best of luck!

15. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

Thanks Cardinals Fans for your insightful opinions. I appreciate your candor. Hope all goes well out in the desert for you guys.

CardCore likes this.