Dolphins Score Big With Josh Rosen Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Score Big With Josh Rosen Trade

CardCore

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an Az Cardinal fan and just wanted to drop by and congratulate you all for acquiring Josh.
I expect he will impress you all and be at starting QB at some point during the 2019 season. I was thrilled when the Cards were able to trade up and get him in 2018, and while I understand the team deciding to go in a different direction once they were at #1, I hated the way everything unfolded and the way ownership and management handled everything so ham-handedly. Their loss is your gain.

Josh was raised playing tennis, and the footwork involved with that lends well to natural accuracy throwing the football. Many times last season he was throwing darts through tiny windows for completions that were quite impressive, some of them fairly long.
The problems that surrounded him last season were multiple and frustrating. The O line to begin with was bottom tier and started with a rookie center, due to the starting C going on IR in preseason. I watched several times when our rookie C "rolled" the ball to Josh instead of snapping it, and Josh each time was level headed enough to scoop it up from the ground and make a play.
Slowly and steadily every single O lineman except that rookie C found their way to IR until the resulting mess of O linemen were absolutely horrid.

The only wide receivers Josh could depend on were Larry Fitz (of course) and Christian Kirk. Even David Johnson our RB, a sure handed receiver was basically unused by the inept coaching staff as a receiver. The TE group was not utilized much at all and proved adept at dropping passes over and over.
To make it worse, David was also incorrectly used in even the run game, trying to send him up the middle, again, over and over ad nauseum.

Finally? Josh had a pathetic OC in McCoy and later with Byron after McCoy was let go. I was real happy to see the Cards wash their hands of that coaching staff after the season, because I had actually turned off my TV several times during the season by halftime because the inability to execute was just too hard to watch, let alone describe as entertainment. It was excruciating.

Josh needs an O line that will give him 2 to 3 seconds to make reads and set his feet. If he can get that with your team, along with receivers that don't have hands made of stone, you should see some exciting games in 2019. He was never afforded the opportunity to have the game "slow down" for him in Az. I hope it can happen for him while he's with your team!

Sorry for the extra long post, good luck next season!

CardCore

Thanks for the post. Been interested to hear what Cards fans think of him.

It would be awesome if after 2 decades lost in the desert, the man from the desert is finally “the one” to bring the Dolphins back.

Rosen wears #3. D. Wade wore #3. Marino wore #13. Griese wore #12. 1+2 = 3.

3 is the lucky number for Miami.

Thanks for the post with your perspective as I did not see a single Cardinals game last year. It will take us time to put all the pieces together around him because right now there isn't much (similar to your situation). I have no doubt once they are, Rosen can be a good or even great QB. As you said, he got a raw deal in Arizona. Good luck with Murray.

Thanks for the post CardCore!

You guys had a pretty damn solid draft, I hope you can turn it around this year! Best of luck to you!

Looking at those highlights. I don't see a bad qb mechanically at all, to be honest he's the best qb mechanically Miami has had since 13.

I think this kid can be the real deal if Miami can protect him. He maneuvers a pocket quite well.
I think Penny holds that distinction, but Rosen's mechanics don't look too bad to me at all.

Thanks Cardinals Fans for your insightful opinions. I appreciate your candor. Hope all goes well out in the desert for you guys.

Back
Top Bottom