Dolphins screwed, only awarded a 5th rounder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins screwed, only awarded a 5th rounder

NYFCat

Starter
Reaction score
Dolphins | One Comp Pick - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
14:40 PT: The Miami Dolphins were awarded one compensation pick in the 2002 NFL Draft. It is in the fifth round, No. 170 overall.

This is crap!
We were awarded a 5th rounder (for Richmond Webb) and nothing for Trace Armstrong. Had Armstrong registered 10 sacks with the Raiders, we probably would have gotten a 3rd or 4th. So, basically, the NFL is telling us that because Trace was hurt for the year, the Dolphins never really lost him. It's great, is it?

That sucks, they should consider his last season with us as well and also how much he is making.

Originally posted by NYFCat
Dolphins | One Comp Pick - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
14:40 PT: The Miami Dolphins were awarded one compensation pick in the 2002 NFL Draft. It is in the fifth round, No. 170 overall.

This is crap!
We were awarded a 5th rounder (for Richmond Webb) and nothing for Trace Armstrong. Had Armstrong registered 10 sacks with the Raiders, we probably would have gotten a 3rd or 4th. So, basically, the NFL is telling us that because Trace was hurt for the year, the Dolphins never really lost him. It's great, is it?

Man, this BLOWS!!! Something needs to be changed in regards to if a player sustains a season ending injury, it shouldn't effect whether or not the team he previously played for receives an additional draft pick. That team can't help it if the player has a major injury. Therefore, they shouldn't be penalized for it.

:monkey: The NFL and how they handle this situation

Pre Draft News

Could anybody give me some information on Bobby Jones and Sam Simmons who were mentioned in the
Pre Draft News

It goes to show that you're ignorant to the rules of the compensation formula!

One of the criteria is that the player lost MUST play for their new team in the regular season. Armstrong was injured in pre-season and never played a down for the Raiders.

Outside of Webb, all your other players lost were offset by those you signed!!

Go back a month and look for the threads about comp picks and it will show you that I predicted ya would get no more than a 5th

It's not frickin brain surgery :)

There is NO way that we should only get a 5th rounder !!!!!!!!What the hell is the formula ?I want to know who came up with this system ...we got screwed..again we lose armstrong webb and donnely all very productive ...especially armstrong I mean buffalo loses wiley spriggs and greer and they get a third round pick !?What the hell?arizona and minnesota definately didnt nerserve those kinds of picks for those kinds of players ...seattle lost bellemy ,kitna ,and pete kendall ..if you call those loses!!!and they get 2! 5th rounders?I am sorry but we gave up more than we got than most these teams and now we get crap in return!! What a friggin sham!!!F the nfl committe that decides this sh*t!

Did you read my post?

A player must play for the new team in the reg. season.......also, FAs lost are offset by those signed

It's not a sham, Fins got exactly what they deserved

We got a 3rd and 3 - 7's......that's awesome. That's 11 players. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel

correction

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Did you read my post?

A player must play for the new team in the reg. season.......also, FAs lost are offset by those signed

Actually, Trace did play in the reg. season...he played against the Fins & whiffed on Fiedler as he ran it in for the game-winning score...

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Did you read my post?

Yes we read your post and dismissed you as a typically ignorant Bills fan. Which you proved by using facts that don't exist. Trace Armstrong went down in week 2 with the Raiders.

The phins lost 2 premier FA's and only came out of it with a 5th rounder which proves they got robbed and that those rules need fixing. When you lose a guy who does 14+ sacks and get no compensation for him then that is BS you ignorant Bills fan.

Why do bills fans keep hanging on our board ? Oh yea because they suck ! and will continue to do so till the end of frikkin time !!You losers had your chance now its over and you will be rebuilding for a decade or so ... Have fun with all your 7th rounders that should get you guys at least a punter huh?Take a hint from the rest of the league bills fans ..it seems even your own fans know that we ALL get what we deserve ..and for the bills,that is to dwell at the botom of our division ...lol

Clumped did predict exactly what we got and It's not so hard to see that we got what we deserved. Maybe the system is f**cked up, when it weighs so heavilly on production for the new team instead of the production that the old team lost, but that's the way it goes. Trace only played three games for his new team and for whoever mentioned Donnally in another post, Todd Perry's signing cancels him. So the only big free agent loss was Webb. I'm sure we signed a couple of other free agents, and so that pushed down Webbs' value. Sad but True.

Going on what FA having to have played a game last season, how many games did Spriggs play. Didn't he get hurt about the same time Trace did? I don't remember him playing much more than a game maybe two.

Back
Top Bottom