Dolphins Send Dan Marino To Look At Senior Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Send Dan Marino To Look At Senior Bowl

Couldn't hurt, I'm sure it won't help as he's been around the org for quite a while and we've struck out on quarterbacks regularly.

I'm a huge Marino fan, as my avatar suggests. Nobody is claiming that Dan Marino is an elite talent scout, or even someone with a proven track record of spotting QB talent. But having Dan Marino involved in that evaluation process makes me feel more confident of our process. The things I value in a QB are what Dan Marino embodies, desire to win, unbreakable confidence, fiery inspirational leadership, commitment to excellence, unyieldingly high expectations of his teammates, unwavering respect, and an unshakeable belief that WE are the best and WE are going to win. It's contagious, and we haven't had that in a long time. Yes, he also had unbelievable physical tools, and he expects those tools, including the most important ones, accuracy, vision, and read & react ability.

We have a HOF Qb on our staff, a team that now needs a future QB... So why not?! He did advocate for Doughty, but this is a different situation as we actually need to invest a high pick within the next two years.

Much ado about nothing. I am sure they sent more personnel than just Dan but the headline is trying to get people to think he is the one making the decisions. Without a coaching staff in place, it is important for the team to get scouts and anyone else there to get a read on the talent. I don't think a lot will come out of the Senior Bowl. If anything, it will help them shorten the list of players to put through their tests during the combine or individual workouts.

What does Dan know about evaluating QBs. Don’t get me wrong I love Dan Marino and everything he’s done for this franchise, but he lobbied for Damon Huard as his heir successor. That’s like Peyton Manning vouching for Gase. Welcome to this **** show known as the Miami Dolphins.
15ys ago he was GM at Senior scouting 1 player: Rivers. he was right.

looks like instead of senior bowl practice coverage today nfl network showing replays of the two conference champ games. so no full pads looks. thanks nfl network

15ys ago he was GM at Senior scouting 1 player: Rivers. he was right.

His title was senior vice president for football operations
which lasted 3 weeks

He planned to leave his analyst jobs at CBS Sports and HBO and
begin a full-time role with the Dolphins next week. Marino had been
part of at least one team personnel meeting and was at the Senior
Bowl in Mobile, Ala., for one day, but never formally began his
duties.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=1724780

This team currently has very little staff.
Marino is probably spending time with Lock...making sure there is plenty of night time entertainment for him.
Football isnt rocket science.
Marino can spot a winner with greater accuracy than any non player coach or scout IMHO

The Senior Bowl practices for today were moved to the University of South Alabama's training facility due to weather and closed off to the media. They'll be back at Ladd-Peebles tomorrow.

If Dan Marino had the protection of today’s rules for QB’s and especially the level of ‘never call offensive holding’ protection Tom Brady and Peyton Manning enjoyed — he’d likely still be able to play at 57 yo and we wouldn’t need to scout any QB’s. <sarcasm>

This team currently has very little staff.
Marino is probably spending time with Lock...making sure there is plenty of night time entertainment for him.
Football isnt rocket science.
Marino can spot a winner with greater accuracy than any non player coach or scout IMHO

Then why is he spending time with Lock?

Back
Top Bottom