Dolphins Sensible To Hold Off On Breida Contract Talks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sensible To Hold Off On Breida Contract Talks

Yeah. I wouldn't;t let him play the full season if he's playing good. Lock him up in late Sep or October. Or if he's just murderizing it in camp.
this is a nothing issue. Miami has two new backs in camp, both on one year deals. CLEARLY, Miami wants to draft a RB next year and be on the cheap. Grier and co know that backs are easy to get. Curious, where do you see Breida's salary at? We have wayyyyy too many issues than to pay a back....didn't really pursue Gordon.

this is a nothing issue. Miami has two new backs in camp, both on one year deals. CLEARLY, Miami wants to draft a RB next year and be on the cheap. Grier and co know that backs are easy to get. Curious, where do you see Breida's salary at? We have wayyyyy too many issues than to pay a back....didn't really pursue Gordon.
When I think somethings a nothing issue, I don't post a response. Let's let Breida actually shine as a Dolphin first then we'll see...

I feel for Breida and other RBs in his position but the market is what it is. Even if he was capable hes not going to be put in a position where he could put up McCaffrey type numbers and put himself in that elite category. And there's a pretty severe dropoff in salary from those in that first tier to the second.

There's no reason for the team to re-sign him unless its a Hurns type deal.

I think they're doing the right thing. Let him play out the season. He's RB they have some of the shortest careers; longterm deals rarely work out. I think a 2-3 year deal between 10-15 million would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom