Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week

I don't care who the OC is as long as the OC likes to run up the score! Not a fan of conservative play calling. Also important is adaptability at any level be it our players or our opponents. Playing to win not playing not to lose.

I don't care who the OC is as long as the OC likes to run up the score! Not a fan of conservative play calling. Also important is adaptability at any level be it our players or our opponents. Playing to win not playing not to lose.
Then I think you are going to be disappointed, regardless.

The HC sets the philosophy, not the OC.

It is possible to run up the score, without slinging it deep. It's called execution. With good game planning, in game adjustments, and sound execution/assignment responsibility, it isn't necessary to take an inordinate ammount of risks to put points on the scoreboard.

It may not be "exciting", but it is the best way and, I believe, Flo's way.

Then I think you are going to be disappointed, regardless.

The HC sets the philosophy, not the OC.

It is possible to run up the score, without slinging it deep. It's called execution. With good game planning, in game adjustments, and sound execution/assignment responsibility, it isn't necessary to take an inordinate ammount of risks to put points on the scoreboard.

It may not be "exciting", but it is the best way and, I believe, Flo's way.
I get what your saying and I agree to a point but you can also manage risk. Im just not nor will ever be a fan of playing not to lose. I will however remain a dolphins fan until the end.

I think right now I am down to 3 names. I will rank them in order of my preference.

1. Joe Lombardi, Quarterbacks Coach Saints - Military guy (Air Force) which you know Flores will immediately attract to. He has lineage. Has spent years in Sean Paytons offense which has every formation and style you can think of on a game by game basis. Brees and Tua have been compared to each other a lot. Lombardi sent a little time as the Lions OC, however he was trying to run something that did not at all fit Stafford, with a horrendous OL and it was just a poor fit. The good side of that is that he has had 5 years to reflect on his failures. I think he would be a home run pick. He will eventually be a HC in this league. 10 years older than Flo.

2. Mike McDaniel, Run Game Coordinator 49ers - Has spent the last 15 years with 6 different teams watching a ton of different coaches and styles/schemes. Runs a multiple type offense (which will be a common theme here). Yale education, which Flores will value (See: Graham, and Flores values education as we've heard him talk about). Also 37 so may still get 3 good years out of him before he gets a HC job (if all goes well). 2 years younger than Flo.

3. Anthony Lynn, Former Chargers HC - Flores has already spoken highly of him. The biggest knock is his ability to manage games late as a HC (despite them being hot at the end of the year) but he would be the OC and I assume Flores (who I personally trust) will be a BIG part of the late game decision making process, which I am not worried about. My one concern is his ability to run multiple offenses, and the comparison of him jumping from Herbert to Tua (as a good thing). They are completely contrasting styles and I would love to see what he has planned for Tua before I give him the job. The 2 above him seem to be a much better fit for what we want to do, but Lynn is a tough nosed coach who will be very hungry to prove that he belongs in this league. Would probably bring Pep Hamilton as the QB coach which I know people here will like - putting Pep in line to be OC if Lynn gets a HC job giving us a long term plan (2 years likely). Lynn is 13 years older than Flores.
After reading what you said about Lombardi, I am hoping we interview him. Part of the reason why I think Tua struggled late was we were predictable, so I like the idea of being multiple and adjusting our offense on a game by game basis.

Pep Hamilton, Tony Elliott among Dolphins offensive coordinator candidates

Chargers quarterbacks coach Pep Hamilton is in the other group and he is coming off a year where he earned praise for his work with Justin Herbert. Herbert was selected on pick after the Dolphins picked Tua Tagovailoa last April and any hire will be tasked with pushing Tagovailoa’s development to the next level.

The Dolphins are also reportedly interested in Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott. Elliott has been with Clemson for the last decade and there are a long list of his former players on rosters around the league.

LINK:

Last edited:
Total left field what if we go after Eric Bieniemy and allow him to call the plays. It seems he needs to step up his game to be a head coach. It means not being under Reids shadow. He would not be here long but might be a great add

Back
Top Bottom