Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week

If we were hiring from within, it should have happened already. It leads me to believe an interest outside the organization

Lol, what makes you think they haven't already? Because they haven't made it public?

Yeah I guess. Silly me

It's cool! But if we've learn anythign about Flo and Co they try to keep things close to the vest. I personally love it compared to how Davie use to be with all the leaks.

I will say the promotion of the new OL coach suggest they've hired someone already. You don't make a promotion like that without having an OC in place and that person having a big say in that hire. It also makes me think that person would have to know what they're getting in our new OL coach and thus have to be familiar with him.

I'm almost 99% the OC will be a hire from within.

If they are hiring from within, why not just announce it when they announced the new oline coach? I wonder if they have a hush hush wink wink deal in place with an outside candidate and it will be announced when they are out. Maybe he has given insight on the oline coach?

If they are hiring from within, why not just announce it when they announced the new oline coach? I wonder if they have a hush hush wink wink deal in place with an outside candidate and it will be announced when they are out. Maybe he has given insight on the oline coach?
They would have, no reason not to. I am hoping because they want to talk to a guy like Kafka. But no one really knows. I get being tight lipped over injuries or the draft but why if you promote within? What sense would that make and like you said they just announced the OL Coach.

It's not uncommon at all to bring a guy in and pick his brain even if you're not likely to hire him. And sometimes you grant interviews as a courtesy to a coach or his agent. Basically, there are many reasons to not announce an internal promotion even if you've already basically decided.

Maybe if they have a deal in place with a playoff team, all parties agreed to keep it quiet til that team is elimated. Possibly due to not wanting it to be any sort of distraction.

Back
Top Bottom