Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week

Also I am one of those in the camp that Tua is and will be the starter and that there is nothing really to the Watson trade talks. WITH that said, just to entertain the idea for one second, what was the relationship between Watson and O'Brien at the time he was fired? Because if they didn't get a long well, hiring him would probably kill any idea of that trade. Unless those two were on good terms, I honestly don't know where those two left off. Does anyone have any insight or news articles on that?

Looks to me like this might indicate an outside hire and simply not elevating someone currently on the staff such as Godsey or Studesville.

I personally would like to see them take a look at Bill O'Brien or Anthony Lynn.

Based on little evidence, I'd be surprised with BOB. Too much like quid pro quo

I'm a big Canes fan, but why Dorsey? I know he was a smart, very cerebral QB, but does he have Coordinator level exp? Been a QB coach with Buffalo for a year, so let's give him some credit for Josh Allen's improvement. Does he come recommended?
I think we either have to get a head coach retread who may be looking to leave again soon or a position coach to move up. Look at the improvement with the young QB in Buffalo. I think he would be great if Tua is our guy to design an offense around him. He should be around for a while too.

Doug Pederson

Good pick! But i think you need to get guys like Ken Dorsey because continuity is key going forward with this team. A guy like Doug Pederson does well with Tua and Co and he's likely out the door very shortly for another HC gig. Not so much with guys like Ken Dorsey. They need to do well for several season before coming close to a coaching gig.

Pederson might have hurt his reputation a bit with that debacle against WSH...but being an OC is obviously not the same as being a head coach...

I certainly hope whoever it is, we are keeping Tua in mind with this next hire

Back
Top Bottom