Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week

It really begins with what Flores wants this offense to be. My guess is "multiple" would be Flores' answer if asked. So, makes sense to look for teams that have had a lot of success offensively like the Saints and the 49ers.
Those are the exact two teams I would be looking at.

A little OT, but recruiting a new OC would be much easier if he were promised weapons
I think thats a given TBH... After the Bills game, I dont see any way a football coach wouldnt come out of it thinking they're fine at skill positions...

I think prospective candidates would actuall see this as one of the better openings this time around, as opposed to the last two years.

2019, we were seen as a complete stinking dumpster fire. No one qualified was going to touch the job.

Last year, things were better, but probably still not seen as a franchise with an "up" arrow.

Now we have a solid, well coached, disciplined team, with more than ample assets to improve the overall talent.

The top guys, who have a choice, may see us as a place they want to go.
I’m worried we get Sid Gillman’s corpse this time

Seattle just fired Brian Schottenheimer..I know they didn't look good their last game but they were firing on all cylinders earlier in the year.

He's been there for 3 years so certainly has that experience calling plays.

And he's not 100 years old lol..

Worth taking a look IMO

Seattle just fired Brian Schottenheimer..I know they didn't look good their last game but they were firing on all cylinders earlier in the year.

Worth taking a look IMO
Wasn’t that the OC the jets hated too. Pretty sure any success is due to RW.

Would we want to run the Chefs' offensive scheme over here?

Who would be expert at installing that, teaching that, and playcalling that?

(I know I wrote Chefs. Great googlymoogly!)

Worth taking a look IMO
I saw that firing in an espn notification just a bit ago as well. I completely agree with you. The guy is a seasoned veteran of offensive gameplanning and perhaps a perfect blend of new and old school philosophies. Definitely worth a close look by Flores.

Would we want to run the Chefs' offensive scheme over here?

Who would be expert at installing that, teaching that, and playcalling that?

(I know I wrote Chefs. Great googlymoogly!)
Someone from the Andy Reid tree.

Brian Schottenheimer just became Pete Carroll's latest fall guy.....perhaps he is worth a look.

Wasn’t that the OC the jets hated too. Pretty sure any success is due to RW.

Sure but it doesn't hurt that Tua and Wilson have certain similarities...obviously Tua is not there yet but as far as designing an offense that's built around Tua and his strengths would be a good start.

Someone from the Andy Reid tree.
Did Reid come up with it, or is he from a tree himself?

Regardless, who are the guys from that tree that might be available?

(Apparently he's from the Bill Walsh tree, and runs a variant of the West Coast Offense).

Did Reid come up with it, or is he from a tree himself?

Regardless, who are the guys from that tree that might be available?

(Apparently he's from the Bill Walsh tree, and runs a variant of the West Coast Offense).
Who knows if Reid “came up with it”. My guess is well he’s an old dude. His philosophy has evolved through the years and incorporates multiple offensive inputs into what it is today.
So the branch we take from the Reid tree, if we do at all, should be one of those new growth branches. Not a branch from a decade ago.

I keep saying I want a Pederson RPO so I've got to advocate for at least an OC interview right...

Back
Top Bottom