Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week

Who knows if Reid “came up with it”. My guess is well he’s an old dude. His philosophy has evolved through the years and incorporates multiple offensive inputs into what it is today.
So the branch we take from the Reid tree, if we do at all, should be one of those new growth branches. Not a branch from a decade ago.
I edited to add he's from the Bill Walsh tree via Mike Holmgren.

The West Coast Offense.

And yes, somebody to implement a modern, innovative version of it, please.

I think right now I am down to 3 names. I will rank them in order of my preference.

1. Joe Lombardi, Quarterbacks Coach Saints - Military guy (Air Force) which you know Flores will immediately attract to. He has lineage. Has spent years in Sean Paytons offense which has every formation and style you can think of on a game by game basis. Brees and Tua have been compared to each other a lot. Lombardi sent a little time as the Lions OC, however he was trying to run something that did not at all fit Stafford, with a horrendous OL and it was just a poor fit. The good side of that is that he has had 5 years to reflect on his failures. I think he would be a home run pick. He will eventually be a HC in this league. 10 years older than Flo.

2. Mike McDaniel, Run Game Coordinator 49ers - Has spent the last 15 years with 6 different teams watching a ton of different coaches and styles/schemes. Runs a multiple type offense (which will be a common theme here). Yale education, which Flores will value (See: Graham, and Flores values education as we've heard him talk about). Also 37 so may still get 3 good years out of him before he gets a HC job (if all goes well). 2 years younger than Flo.

3. Anthony Lynn, Former Chargers HC - Flores has already spoken highly of him. The biggest knock is his ability to manage games late as a HC (despite them being hot at the end of the year) but he would be the OC and I assume Flores (who I personally trust) will be a BIG part of the late game decision making process, which I am not worried about. My one concern is his ability to run multiple offenses, and the comparison of him jumping from Herbert to Tua (as a good thing). They are completely contrasting styles and I would love to see what he has planned for Tua before I give him the job. The 2 above him seem to be a much better fit for what we want to do, but Lynn is a tough nosed coach who will be very hungry to prove that he belongs in this league. Would probably bring Pep Hamilton as the QB coach which I know people here will like - putting Pep in line to be OC if Lynn gets a HC job giving us a long term plan (2 years likely). Lynn is 13 years older than Flores.

Guys I don't think will get the job and don't make sense -

1. Mike Kafka, QB Coach and Passing Game Coordinator, Chiefs - Eric Bieniemy is going to get a HC job and Kafka will become the OC in KC. The only way that changes is if somehow a team chooses him to be their HC at 33 (Eagles who drafted him?). I see him being a couple HC cycles away, but him as the OC in KC makes so much sense and no way he is coming here over there.

2. Doug Pederson, Former HC Eagles - The quote when he left was about wanting total control. Comes off to me as a guy who has a HUGE ego. Does not come off as a selfless, culture type. A lot of people credit Reich with the success of the SB Championship and say they have gone down hill the more he has had control. I don't think his chances are 0 like Kafka, but they are a .5 or 1%

Guys I don't think will get the job and don't make sense -

1. Mike Kafka, QB Coach and Passing Game Coordinator, Chiefs - Eric Bieniemy is going to get a HC job and Kafka will become the OC in KC. The only way that changes is if somehow a team chooses him to be their HC at 33 (Eagles who drafted him?). I see him being a couple HC cycles away, but him as the OC in KC makes so much sense and no way he is coming here over there.

2. Doug Pederson, Former HC Eagles - The quote when he left was about wanting total control. Comes off to me as a guy who has a HUGE ego. Does not come off as a selfless, culture type. A lot of people credit Reich with the success of the SB Championship and say they have gone down hill the more he has had control. I don't think his chances are 0 like Kafka, but they are a .5 or 1%
If for whatever reason Bieniemy doesn't get a HC job this time around, might be able to entice Kafka to be OC here.

But I agree, if Bieniemy becomes a HC, Kafka becomes KC OC (or goes with Bieniemy to be his OC?).

We will be looking for the same guys as Andy Reid/Eric Bieniemy for OC (whoever doesn't get Kafka).

If for whatever reason Bieniemy doesn't get a HC job this time around, might be able to entice Kafka to be OC here.

But I agree, if Bieniemy becomes a HC, Kafka becomes KC OC (or goes with Bieniemy to be his OC?).

We will be looking for the same guys as Andy Reid/Eric Bieniemy for OC (whoever doesn't get Kafka).
Isn’t Kafka one of those lamb kebab dishes that you can get in middle eastern restaurants? I’m always busy shoveling the hummus and falafel and gyros down but I could swear that’s a thing.

Isn’t Kafka one of those lamb kebab dishes that you can get in middle eastern restaurants? I’m always busy shoveling the hummus and falafel and gyros down but I could swear that’s a thing.

Kofta​

Description​

Kofta is a family of meatball or meatloaf dishes found in the Indian subcontinent, South Caucasian, Middle Eastern, Balkan, and Central Asian cuisines. In the simplest form, koftas consist of balls of ground meat - usually beef, chicken, lamb or mutton, pork, or a mixture - mixed with spices or onions

Not that I know of!

Franz Kafka wrote Metamorphosis.

I visited his home in Prague, Czech Republic several months prior to the pandemic.

speaking of Lynn. I know the HC is in charge of clock management but I sometimes am dismayed by the
OC's choice of run vs pass in game and down/distance contexts AND the context of what has been working in that game

maybe that is too much to handle when you are picking a play and getting it in quickly

Hard to imagine Lynn being great at that, but what do I know?

Back
Top Bottom