Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft

I imagine chip kelly is gonna run some trash o at UCLA which if I’m josh rosen I can’t wait to get out.

Patience and Vision might be slightly overrated especially when your going against 9 and 10 man fronts. Some of the best back are average as far Vision goes like AP,Lynch and Ajayi ..... Guice also has a tendency to hit the hole(runs into olineman) too fast and not let blockers develop but the tradeoff is more home runs and good short yardage conversion.

Barkley bounces everything to the outside, Gase won't like that.

Good question, not something I looked for in the limited games Ive watched them play this year.

I dont think their schools ask them to do much presnap outside of the typical RPO type reads and I think the center calls most of the protections in those systems. But certainly something to take a look at.

You can ween guys into protection calls etc so I wouldn’t auto rule out a guy because of it. But if you want to start a kid out the gate in our o he needs to show he has the ability to do so and if you don’t see it on college tape you damn well better see it on tbe chalk board etc.

We draft any of these kids we wouldn’t be putting on them what we put on vets like tanny or cutler or Moore even.

For my money rosen looks like the most likely to show the skills given his pre snap reads. But hell I’ve only seen him once

You want to hide some of it more you go with the pistol and zone read looks

See that’s a problem cause there’s such a transition unknown there. But then again trubisky came from a college spread to a pro o and he never skipped a beat

I wouldn’t mess with any okla st qb the skill players probably have similar transitions too

But theres also Mariota who's transition is taking longer than expected.

But theres also Mariota who's transition is taking longer than expected.

That’s cause the o line last year didn’t ask him to make many pocket progression reads. They ran the ball down your throats and worked off pa and the threat of his legs.

It’s like what dak Prescott is going thru now except he’s a little more adept at coverage read. These kids have never seen shell so when they do they can’t deal with it. Get to my 3rd progression what’s that?

Put 10 in tbe box against tanny and he’s gonna execute at a high clip due to pre snap reads and his ability to set up protections etc.

That’s cause the o line last year didn’t ask him to make many pocket progression reads. They ran the ball down your throats and worked off pa and the threat of his legs.

It’s like what dak Prescott is going thru now except he’s a little more adept at coverage read. These kids have never seen shell so when they do they can’t deal with it. Get to my 3rd progression what’s that?

Put 10 in tbe box against tanny and he’s gonna execute at a high clip due to pre snap reads and his ability to set up protections etc.

That's true, why hasn't Dak been able to get the ball accurately to Dez, I'm not buying the Dez has lost it narrative.

Yards of separation/target in 2017: Dez Bryant: 2.4 A.J. Green: 2.4 Emmanuel Sanders: 2.4 Julio Jones: 2.3

Basically unguardable on in breaking routes.

If we don't draft one in the first two rounds, I hope they bring in someone else with starting history. I'll even take Blake Bortles over what we have now.

That's true, why hasn't Dak been able to get the ball accurately to Dez, I'm not buying the Dez has lost it narrative.

Yards of separation/target in 2017: Dez Bryant: 2.4 A.J. Green: 2.4 Emmanuel Sanders: 2.4 Julio Jones: 2.3

Basically unguardable on in breaking routes.

A little further in down the thread:

Dez's game has always been about burst and strength, and even as he's lost a little bit if burst, he has enough to win in short areas. Losing some of the his burst, speed, and agility has kept him from creating separation further downfield. Dez is averaging 5.67 yards per target. Terrance Williams, by comparison, is averaging 8.13, and Williams is an average WR.

Dallas had a great OL and Elliott in 2016. Outside of that, they had a poor D and a terrible group of WR's. Prescott has nothing to work with this year.

Dez can’t get separation anymore they don’t have a #1 wr

He’s about to be hit with a reality check in the form of a pay cut or release

His games been robbed by injury accumulation

Daks overrated though and it’s showing this year without zeke and oline play

I just hope Miami picks up dvps 5th year option cause the timing routes and ball out in sync with the route combos will come back with tanny.

And while dvp needs to work to get more physical at the top of his routes that kids too skilled to not control at $9 mil for a 5th year.

Jawaun james however I could see his 5th year rescinded especially if the staff believes in Jesse Davis and Eric smith as it’s 2nd and 3rd tackles which they may.

Dez's game has always been about burst and strength, and even as he's lost a little bit if burst, he has enough to win in short areas. Losing some of the his burst, speed, and agility has kept him from creating separation further downfield. Dez is averaging 5.67 yards per target. Terrance Williams, by comparison, is averaging 8.13, and Williams is an average WR.

Dallas had a great OL and Elliott in 2016. Outside of that, they had a poor D and a terrible group of WR's. Prescott has nothing to work with this year.

Dez never had great downfield speed but he always had extreme explosiveness(1.50 ten yard split,38 inch vert) in breaking routes and comebacks he shows a lot of explosion in his cuts, Dak has struggled on those throws, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson have the same skill set, and they separate even less downfield than Dez does.

I disagree tape shows mainly QB play.

I just hope Miami picks up dvps 5th year option cause the timing routes and ball out in sync with the route combos will come back with tanny.

And while dvp needs to work to get more physical at the top of his routes that kids too skilled to not control at $9 mil for a 5th year.

Jawaun james however I could see his 5th year rescinded especially if the staff believes in Jesse Davis and Eric smith as it’s 2nd and 3rd tackles which they may.

I agree, PPL think WRs throw the ball to themselves DVP was averaging almost 70 yards a game with a bum qb in Cutler. Don't forget how Brock made Deandre Hopkins irrelevant last year in Houston.

42 uncatchable passes smh

The Chargers a team with a great secondary sees what I'm seeing.

Back
Top Bottom