Dolphins Should Pair Michael Thomas with Louis Delmas at Safety | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Pair Michael Thomas with Louis Delmas at Safety

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think we really have 2 SS playing in the secondary with Jones and Delmas... They play like LB's and they can hit hard.. We need that safety who will cover the TE and even WR's in a zone defense. I think Michael Thomas has better coverage skills than Jones and also Jones has been unimpressive in OTA's and actually since he got that big contract, he stopped making plays. Also from OTA reports, all the TD's and big plays are happening in Jones' coverage area.

Since we are experimenting with Misi, we should also experiment with Thomas and Delmas at the safety position.

I know what Jimmy Wilson brings to the table and I'm not sure he is the answer at Safety.

Were are you hearing that all td's are coming in Jones coverage area? I recall several last week coming in Grimes' area?

Jones needs to get his f-ing act together and step his **** up. He got too complacent last year after the pay day.

Delmas is on a one year deal. Wouldn't surprise me if Thomas plays nickel, special teams, and is given a shot NEXT year to compete for a starting spot at Safety against a draft pick.

Delmas is on a one year deal. Wouldn't surprise me if Thomas plays nickel, special teams, and is given a shot NEXT year to compete for a starting spot at Safety against a draft pick.

Why would you want a 200+ pound safety playing nickel? Right now the nickel is between Jimmy Wilson and Jamar Taylor. Thomas is the backup safety and will get plenty of chances to prove his worth this season.

Michael Thomas? The guy who made one big play last year? I'll stick with Jones. It's OTA's, it really isn't something that should be made into a big deal yet tbh. If Jones doesn't get it together come closer to the season you start thinking of other options. But with that contract he gets another shot before you start thinking about replacing him imo. If the d-line gets better as well and creates pressure that will also help Jones and the DB's. So I say ya just wait it out on Jones.

Michael Thomas was highly coveted by San Fran and they were pissed to lose him.

By the accounts I have heard they had Thomas add some weight and clearly see him as a safety......we have training camps to have players compete for positions and if Thomas wins the job so be it.

thomas is a tweener...corner measurables size wise but a safeties game pretty much...as such i doubt he will ever be a every down nfl starter unless it was a plan b or c type thing...as in you didnt have much other choice

Dolphins | Michael Thomas bulks up

Miami Dolphins FS Michael Thomas added 10 pounds of bulk in the offseason.

2014-06-06 06:25:47 | Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel - Chris Perkins
http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=908760-dolphins-michael-thomas-bulks-up

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk
#Dolphins S Michael Thomas tees off. Thomas noticeably bigger. Added 10 lbs of muscle. pic.twitter.com/vSaHyfSyPC

https://twitter.com/chrisperk/status/474901756783374337

- While new safety Louis Delmas is getting all the buzz, Michael Thomas — who played the quarter of his life in a December win against New England last year and won AFC Defensive Player of the Week — has put on 10 pounds of muscle and said he’s fully ingrained as a safety.

When Thomas joined the Dolphins late last season off San Francisco’s practice squad, he still wasn’t sure if he’d be more of a cornerback or a safety.

“Everybody’s talking about it,” Thomas said of his new physique. “I feel good. I’m running around, making plays. As a safety you want to be bigger. There’s not too many under 200 pound safeties in the league. Now that I’m over 200 pounds, I feel good.”

Thomas said he’s still hearing about the Patriots game which included a game-winning deflection of a Tom Brady pass.

“I’m starting to realize how much it meant to everybody in the Miami Dolphins community,” he said. “I want to get out here and make more plays like that.”
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...n-albert-jawuan-james-caleb-sturgis-and-more/

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know about Thomas, but we definitely need to find a long term answer at both safety positions. I've never been a fan of Reshad Jones and its only a matter of time before Delmas' knee buckles.

Michael Thomas was highly coveted by San Fran and they were pissed to lose him.

By the accounts I have heard they had Thomas add some weight and clearly see him as a safety......we have training camps to have players compete for positions and if Thomas wins the job so be it.

If they really wanted him, he would have been on the active roster.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Why would you want a 200+ pound safety playing nickel? Right now the nickel is between Jimmy Wilson and Jamar Taylor. Thomas is the backup safety and will get plenty of chances to prove his worth this season.
Also real possibility that Cortland Finnegan plays nickel and the best performer of Jamar Taylor, Will Davis or Walt Aiken gets the 2nd CB role.

Let Jones roam and reap the benefits. The year before last he was playing great

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Also real possibility that Cortland Finnegan plays nickel and the best performer of Jamar Taylor, Will Davis or Walt Aiken gets the 2nd CB role.

It won't be Davis for damn sure and unlikely Aikens

DOBRAZ: the guy made several big plays in that new england game.

he came in a few days before and had NO camp and NO practice with the team and only saw the COVER of his playbook.

and by all accounts, he has come to play as he is having a great ota and spent time in the weight room, ON HIS OWN bulking up for his new position.

JONES coasted last year like crazy. he had no one as a threat to his job, ESPECIALLY by jimmy wilson!! he has his hands full now with thomas and he has to step up or that kid will take his job!!

PERSONALLY? i think we have seen all that resead jones has to offer. we'll see how he handles being pushed, but, i have never liked or trusted players who have to be pushed by someone else to play at their best. dont know if jones has the fortitude.

Back
Top Bottom