Dolphins shut down Dion Jordan trying not to 'overload him' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins shut down Dion Jordan trying not to 'overload him'

The team as a whole is not that good.Miami didn't take these guys to sit on the bench the 1st season.

Pack your bags Ireland!...Waste of a pick...Actually 3 picks!

How many picks?

So it's safe to say you don't pay attention to miami dolphin's football?

I would have loved to hear what the OP had to say about Jason Pierre Paul after his rookie year.
Very raw yet freakishly athletic while flashing play-making and game-changing ability.

Just like Jordan even though it's still too early to tell what that will translate into.

I really didn’t like this move for the same reason as taking Long #1 in the entire draft -- anyone you grab that high should be physically sound -- and this kid was anything but physically sound.

It seems evident that after so many months after surgery the shoulder had not healed properly and that's (most likely) an indicator of another procedure on the horizon.

Bad freaking news IMO.

Other than that -- everyone agrees the kid needs to bulk up a bit for the NFL game. It's going to really hard to do that with a bad shoulder. I mean -- you can't lift heavy with that injury in the background.

This is pretty maddening. Why did he have to trade up for a guy who was hurt, with an injury that might derail his whole career? I love his film from Oregon as much as anyone else but he's skinny as hell and has a freakin' shoulder injury?

Don't ya think we coulda got a pretty good player at that position AND kept another draft pick to draft a better OLineman than Dallas Thomas or a better corner than Jamar Taylor (a guy with a freakin' sports hernia?). Damn.

Have you learned nothing from picking Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees??

In modern medicine we must trust..

This is a nice way of saying that he re-injured his shoulder.

This.

He tweaked his surgically repaired shoulder and they're hoping it's not too bad. So the sudden "precaution."

LD

This is a nice way of saying that he re-injured his shoulder.

That was my instinct also. I wonder about it during the game when he was so sparingly used. Didn't make sense minus an injury concern.

Probably not too bad.

Already, we have seen a very significant amount of potential in Jordan in just a couple dozen preseason snaps, yet we have people in this thread declaring him a failed draft pick already because it appears he's had at least a minor injury setback. Even if he can't play part of this season, if he reaches his potential for the Fins as a passrusher he would be a great draft pick. Probably best that we chill and see what happens over the next couple years before declaring him a bad (or good) draft pick. Shoulder injuries can take a while to heal properly. No need to get out of shape yet.

No, but I was surprised to see him used so much so quickly. I expected to not see him in any of the HOF game. I hope he didn't overdue and suffer missed games. A should injury is a tricky thing especially with his stature and frame playing DE.

No, but I was surprised to see him used so much so quickly. I expected to not see him in any of the HOF game. I hope he didn't overdue and suffer missed games. A should injury is a tricky thing especially with his stature and frame playing DE.

I sorta, kind of completely agree with you. Went though a torn labrum myself. Takes time and a lot of work. Also easy to re-injure. It's fair to say if he has re injured it, and it costs him significant playing time this year, somebody screwed the pooch on the decision to play him. Still, it's his long term potential and whether he reaches it that determines if he was a good or bad pick.

Why do we have to assume he is going to miss regular season games? Maybe we saw what he is capable of, and lowered his load to give his shoulder more time to improve. I don't need to see him on the field all day to know what he is capable of. He only played 3rd down in the Cowboys game, and 7 snaps in the Jaguars game...in that limited time, I saw that he is a fast dude and is capable of messing up the backfield. If he misses games its not a big deal either way. Our D-line is stacked, he is more of a luxury at this point, and I would rather he completely recover before games start to matter.

Back
Top Bottom