Dolphins shut down Dion Jordan trying not to 'overload him' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins shut down Dion Jordan trying not to 'overload him'

yeah i think his shoulder is giving him some issues...tried to watch to see if i could see an indication in the game of when it actually happened or when it flared up i guess is the word but i couldn't tell much...i did see him flexing his hand and arm after one play that i thought was a bit unusual...like he was trying to shake something out...but i saw no indicator of a guy playing with one arm...

i don't buy any overload stuff though...they've treated him with kid gloves frankly...

yal worry too much. They should be cautious with him, he is too valuable to the franchise in the long run.

Jackie Shipp
John Bosa
Eric Kumerow
Randal Hill
Billy Milner
Yatil Green
Jarma Fisher
Ted Ginn
Vontae Davis

Now
Dion Jordan

the list continue.....Why the Dolphins can not get the first round pick right! So frustrating!

Not even one snap played in the NFL and already people are calling the Dion Jordan pick "not right"? Man and I thought the Ireland thread was full of craziness. :lol:

What happened to the notion of taking risks with the first pick instead of playing it safe?

We just got the KRYPTONITE to the Kaepernicks, Wilsons, Bradys, Brees, Rodgers, and Mannings of this league...quite probably, and potentially, the VERY BEST player of this entire draft! And still, some bitch and moan. UNFbealievable!!

It sure seems odd at this point, they'd shut him down without justification. On the positive side Jordan did look comfortable at the scrimmage and in the game against Dallas. I think he has vast knowledge of the playbook already and it's just a matter of getting him healthier, before running him out there every 3rd down.

You've got to love the impatient, short attention span, need for instant gratification generational era we are living in. We had fans calling for heads and declaring the team a failure and some high profile players busts after one meaningless preseason game that was not gameplanned for? Please.....get real!

How's Austin working out? Arm chair Gm's everywhere! The upside of Jordan is better than any playmaker in the draft.. He hasn't even put on Nfl weight yet and guys are worrying that he won't be healthy enough? Look at Vernon from last year to this year..

Where did anyone read Jordan is done for the season? It was written they are diminishing his snaps-> he either tweaked or he isn't strong enough which is likely considering it takes time to recover from a rotator injury -> my rotator scarring was unpleasant it felt like i was re-injuring it for about a year.

He needs strength and he needs to mentally get past the new sensations in his shoulder

He needs to get a lot of physio and massage to get past that scarring

Already, we have seen a very significant amount of potential in Jordan in just a couple dozen preseason snaps, yet we have people in this thread declaring him a failed draft pick already because it appears he's had at least a minor injury setback. Even if he can't play part of this season, if he reaches his potential for the Fins as a passrusher he would be a great draft pick. Probably best that we chill and see what happens over the next couple years before declaring him a bad (or good) draft pick. Shoulder injuries can take a while to heal properly. No need to get out of shape yet.
do you remember yatil green?

This thread makes me miss the Jonathan Martin threads. He's going to be OK people..... Just relax.

I had shoulder surgery (in 2004) and it took about nine months to get most of the strength back, but it's never been close to what it was before surgery. I just hope he is able to get healthy soon. I heard that Jordan was severely burned in accident in high school and he went through some tough rehab and had to relearn how to walk. I think he should be fine. We just have to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom