Dolphins shut down Dion Jordan trying not to 'overload him' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins shut down Dion Jordan trying not to 'overload him'

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
DAVIE –Miami Dolphins first-round pick Dion Jordan sat out his second straight practice,and it appears the team's trainers and coaches might put the rookie pass rusher on ice for a couple more days. Defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle hinted that the Dolphins are concerned about the lingering shoulder injury Jordan had surgically repaired in February,and will likely scale back his practice participation for at least a week.

“We’ve obviously taken some precaution as we move forward with Dion,not wanting to overload him,” Coyle said of Jordan,the third-overall pick in the 2013 draft. “We have a plan in place that will get him ready to participate at the level we feel best at when we begin the season.

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77001689/

Let us all collectively keep our fingers crossed that he will be ready to go for the opener.

This is pretty maddening. Why did he have to trade up for a guy who was hurt, with an injury that might derail his whole career? I love his film from Oregon as much as anyone else but he's skinny as hell and has a freakin' shoulder injury?

Don't ya think we coulda got a pretty good player at that position AND kept another draft pick to draft a better OLineman than Dallas Thomas or a better corner than Jamar Taylor (a guy with a freakin' sports hernia?). Damn.

It would be massively foolish to take a 3% risk in not allowing his injury to heal. First seasons are hard enough for most rookies. By next year he will be bigger and faster.

He'll be fine, just have to be patient. Better to be cautious now and have him for 10+ years than to rush him in.

Don't ya think we coulda got a pretty good player at that position AND kept another draft pick to draft a better OLineman than Dallas Thomas or a better corner than Jamar Taylor (a guy with a freakin' sports hernia?). Damn.

No.

All three are good players and they were drafted because of the players they will be in 2-3 years vs the players they are now (as are most drafted players).

This is pretty maddening. Why did he have to trade up for a guy who was hurt, with an injury that might derail his whole career? I love his film from Oregon as much as anyone else but he's skinny as hell and has a freakin' shoulder injury?

No

Oh God here we go.

There's THAT post.

Are we playing with a bigger eye on 2014 than 2013? We could be, but then how many of these players will be gone after this year?

Do we think of the 2013 Dolphins like the 1991 Cowboys? A team good enough to maybe sneak into the playoffs and then go on a dynasty run in following years? That would be awesome. Maybe I'm putting too many hope eggs in the 2013 basket and 2014 is really where it's at.

Are we playing with a bigger eye on 2014 than 2013? We could be, but then how many of these players will be gone after this year?

Do we think of the 2013 Dolphins like the 1991 Cowboys? A team good enough to maybe sneak into the playoffs and then go on a dynasty run in following years? That would be awesome. Maybe I'm putting too many hope eggs in the 2013 basket and 2014 is really where it's at.

You are,the season is not balancing on Dion Jordon being in the line up early and often,just like the season is not balancing on Mike Wallace catching 40 yard bombs every game,both will be a big part of our success but not hinge on them and them only especially Dion Jordon.

The team as a whole is not that good.Miami didn't take these guys to sit on the bench the 1st season.

Pack your bags Ireland!...Waste of a pick...Actually 3 picks!

Practice? We draft a player 3rd overall and in his rookie season y'all are worried about PRACTICE?

Had to....

This is a nice way of saying that he re-injured his shoulder.

I have never understood the notion that draft picks should be used based on what they will give you right away.

You are not trying to find the best rookies, or the guys most ready to play early, you are trying to find the best FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

I would have loved to hear what the OP had to say about Jason Pierre Paul after his rookie year.

Back
Top Bottom