Dolphins Sign Allen Hurns | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Allen Hurns

I look at this a little differently. I believe we are going to see a lot more 1 year prove it deals. It is a compensation pick strategy. With the fragility of some of out WRs and only 3M, this is a very low risk, high reward signing.

Small WR with a recent hip injury, they should be.. or that he can make it all the way through the season.

Daytona brings up a fair point about not considering it sooner....unless they thought they had enough bodies they would be happy with. Obviously they aren’t at this point.
Yes, Wilson's rehab time table should have been high on the to do list when OC was hired. Maybe they have an easy out on Hurn's contract if Wilson is ready. I'm leaning towards what you said, they are not happy with someone. Could be Parker but I am going to throw out Grant's name too. They might not see him as full time rotational wr option. Just spit balling here of course, lol.

Guess what really bugging me is this is a sign that Preston Williams game may not be polished enough to keep on the 53 and they are going to try to stash him on the practice squad where he could be snagged.

Potential is high with Williams he could be a good one, just needs some high level coaching

Hurns is your slot receiver for a while until Wilson is back 100%. He'll take a ton of camp snaps and he'll get a bunch of targets in pre-season games. He'll have a chance to prove he belongs.

one thing im curious about is...i know he wont affect our comp pics for next year, but my question is, if a post Jun 1st pickup goes off for you and get signed elsewhere does he benefit you compwise. lets say injury bug hits us and whoever is QB falls in love with Hurns, he's been a valuable name amongst wr's before, so he signs a good contract elsewhere after this prove it deal, would we get compensation?

I doubt this is about Albert Wilson.

The Dolphins are in the business of collecting scratch-off tickets and that's what Allen Hurns is. Back in 2015 he was a 1000 yard receiver with BLAKE BORTLES throwing the rock. He's only 27 years old, just got done dirty by a team that asked him to take a pay cut on the eve of camp and was still hoping to get something done with him right up until Miami signed him.

He's a slot. And a unique one at that because he's just over 6'1" so that's a nice size for one of those 'chain-mover' types. We all know how much NE has made use of these types over the years with guys like Danny Amendola, Julian Edelman, Troy Brown, and Wes Welker.

Yet if you really look at the roster between Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson, and Jakeem Grant...Miami didn't have one of those guys until now. It was surprising. I brought it up on the last episode of @3yardspercarry. I also brought it up back before free agency when I thought they might look at a slot with skins on the wall like Jermaine Kearse for a low money deal. They didn't do that, instead they waited, and they got an even better player for that same low money deal.

Back
Top Bottom