Dolphins Sign Allen Hurns | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Allen Hurns

Small WR with a recent hip injury, they should be.. or that he can make it all the way through the season.

Daytona brings up a fair point about not considering it sooner....unless they thought they had enough bodies they would be happy with. Obviously they aren’t at this point.
6"3" 205lbs. isn't really small!

I doubt this is about Albert Wilson.

The Dolphins are in the business of collecting scratch-off tickets and that's what Allen Hurns is. Back in 2015 he was a 1000 yard receiver with BLAKE BORTLES throwing the rock. He's only 27 years old, just got done dirty by a team that asked him to take a pay cut on the eve of camp and was still hoping to get something done with him right up until Miami signed him.

He's a slot. And a unique one at that because he's just over 6'1" so that's a nice size for one of those 'chain-mover' types. We all know how much NE has made use of these types over the years with guys like Danny Amendola, Julian Edelman, Troy Brown, and Wes Welker.

Yet if you really look at the roster between Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson, and Jakeem Grant...Miami didn't have one of those guys until now. It was surprising. I brought it up on the last episode of @3yardspercarry. I also brought it up back before free agency when I thought they might look at a slot with skins on the wall like Jermaine Kearse for a low money deal. They didn't do that, instead they waited, and they got an even better player for that same low money deal.

^^^^^ This. CK is so on point here....Flores and staff are playing chess, previous staff(s) could barley play checkers. Low cost, low risk, prove it contract...if he balls great, if not no harm done and Hurns has something to prove. This move is similar to trading for Rosen and is smart roster management.

Giants just lost 2 WRs including Coleman out for the year. No OBJ either. We could send a WR there for a pick.

Giants just lost 2 WRs including Coleman out for the year. No OBJ either. We could send a WR there for a pick.

Ship em hurns lol

Or see if they will take that Wilson bum hip contract off our hands. They’d be crazy to considering his game is all about his hips but hey why not give it a try

Giants suddenly hurting for WRs.

Corey Coleman tore his ACL today and Sterling Sheppard broke a thumb.

Saquan about to go for 2K.

Were they really relying on Corey Coleman? I know he has talent but seems to be too much of an idiot to even be considered a loss at this point. Buffalo had no WR talent last year and he didn't last a week.

Hoping and praying that a team cuts a wr right before camp, masterful strategy.

Not really sure what you're bitching about.

If a decent WR becomes available and the team didn't like any of the other WRs on the market...then so be it. Look at what just happened to the Giants. Their top 2 WRs are injured and they have nothing behind them.

I'd rather pick up another depth piece, whenever that may be, then not.

Back
Top Bottom