Dolphins sign Andrew Donnal to take Tank Carradine’s roster spot | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Andrew Donnal to take Tank Carradine’s roster spot

Overview

2014: Honorable mention All-Big Ten. Started all 13 games at right tackle. 2013: Played in 13 games at guard and tackle. 2012: Played in seven games, starting three at right guard before suffering torn ACL and missing final five games. 2011: Played in first four games. 2010: Redshirted.

Pro Day Results
3-cone drill: 7.51 seconds
Bench press: 23 reps of 225 pounds

Analysis

Strengths
Not the prettiest tackle you will see, but is technically sound and works hard snap in and snap out. Succeeds with proper hand placement. Looks for work down the field or when play is in his area. Uses power step to meet inside pass rush moves. Shows ability to drop anchor even if it is a little deep in the pocket.
Weaknesses
Doesn't have much power in his legs and won't generate very much push in run game. Gets driven off the line of scrimmage at times. Shuffles and gets base too narrow when sliding to a high pass rush attack point. Lacks physical composure when bull rushed. Upper body and hands don't carry much power. Leaner when finding targets on second level.
Draft Projection
Round 5 or 6
Bottom Line
Donnal is limited from an athletic and strength standpoint but understands the nuances of the position and how to play with technique. With an ability to pass protect and experience at both guard and tackle, he should be drafted and has a legitimate shot at making a roster.

We love those Iowa linemen. He seems to be able to pass block better than run block. Only the Dolphins would barely trot out a starting 5 o-line and get 2 of them hurt in the game. Our o-line injury rate must be close to 100%. We can't keep the o-line healthy! When our lack of depth is exposed we look even worse, if possible.

I knew I shoulda answered my phone.

Oh well, maybe I'll be starting on this line after the BYE.

All I found were some horrifically bad PFF ratings from each of his seasons and some comments that his poor performance with the Lions during the 2019 preseason were the reason he was projected to be cut. That did end up being the case. Although his 2019 preseason PFF grades were better than many of our current OL. I guess I should reserve judgement.
do you have the numbers of our offensive line so far this year?

Back
Top Bottom