Dolphins sign Baker to extension | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Baker to extension

lol lavonte David and Jerome baker don’t belong in the same sentence. One locked up Travis Kelce in the super bowl. The other carries coverage on rbs primarily.

I got news for ya the only reason lavonte David signed for similar annual money was cause he took a hometown discount to run it back in tampa.
Lmbo. People continually move the goalposts. This is an example. I gave production numbers not name recognition. They are the same. Because one covered Kelce it doesn't change the same production but whatever you need to hang onto. Good luck with that.

Baker 24 years old
317 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 2 ints
Signed 3 years 39M 28G

Warner 24 years old
367 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 ints
Signed 5 years 95M 41G

Leonard 26 years old
416 tackles, 15 sacks, 7 ints
Signed 5 years 100M

Absolutely.........horrible contract.

Way too much money, like 50% overpaid guaranteed type too much money.
Do a lot of folks want to change their opinion?? Or rediscuss this dreadful contract extension based on smoke and mirrors stats?

Baker is too small, can't shed blocks, takes terrible angles, is a below average coverage LB,and the "slowest" fast LB I've seen. Most of his tackles are downfield or piling on.

His only bright spot is blitzing against the RB blocking or no blocker.

This extension is another "Bobby McCain special"

Again, I was pointing all this out (in this very thread) when this stupid contract was signed: that it was another Jakeem Grant/DeVante Parker Special, a fan-overrated JAG whose contract would be a millstone in less than a year.

Well, here we are...

Honestly I think the issue is we have too many players who do one thing well.

When you're so specialized it let's teams know what you're going to be doing.

Baker isn't a bad coverage LB if you look at his history...but everyone knows our scheme after 2 years and exactly how we will use him the majority of snaps.

Same goes for a guy like Rowe. When you have one major skill you become easy to scheme against with time.

I personally don't have real issues with Baker. He gets stuck in some bad situations based on scheme, but he is at least always trying hard and had solid mid level skills. IMO

Back
Top Bottom