Dolphins sign Benito Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Benito Jones

Looked at video, he wants someone else to make the tackle, he gets swallowed up when the compititions is superior.

Excellent player - should’ve been drafted in the middle rounds. Disruptive and wins with quickness, hands and technique.

He originally committed to Alabama but ended up staying home in Mississippi. Bama wanted him but he was too small to start inside on Bama’s defensive line early. He was only 260 pounds and would need a year or two in the 4th quarter program.

He wanted to transfer to Bama last year for his senior season to take Quinnen Williams place. He came very close but we just couldn’t make the numbers work.

Miami got a talented kid here with Benito.

In the short highlight video in that article, he's already doing the Fins up sign after every play ...it was a match made in heaven

And no, he's not competition for Davis as Davis isn't a traditional NT ...Benito is

It’s telling when we are more excited about the UDFA over the 2nd Rd pick.

He wanted to transfer to Bama last year for his senior season to take Quinnen Williams place. He came very close but we just couldn’t make the numbers work.

Bama running short on bag men? Who'd have thunk. :lol:

Seriously though, been enjoying reading your thoughts on all these guys the last few days. Good stuff.

So we get rid of one Jones, and pick up 3. I can see it now what truck hit me? Jones hit you. Witch one? All 3 of them.

Yeah I am still skeptical on us even having a good one technique at the moment so I'd take it, Still think Wilkins and Gochaux are not strong enough at the point of attack but yeah I miss Solai that guy would eat up the Center and The Guard.. When we had Bowens and Gardener they both could occupy 2 guards and the Center I truly think thats what allowed Zach Thomas to have a hall of fame career ( well should be anyways)

Back
Top Bottom