Dolphins sign Benito Jones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Benito Jones

I wonder if the moves they made this offseason lead to not offering Godchaux an extension?
No. Strongly doubt that. Godchaux is part of the rotation. We now have potentially real strength on the D-line and Godchaux is part of it.
BTW - he's also a terrific team oriented guy. Saw a video a while back where he personally cooked cajun seafood meal for all his D-line teammates. They're all good eaters and he can cook. Definitely a very popular teammate.

I wonder if the moves they made this offseason lead to not offering Godchaux an extension?

I think they are doing everything they can to not have to over pay godchaux. i don’t think flores signs off on paying him top IDL money. Vet good player but just doesn’t match the price point

I think they are doing everything they can to not have to over pay godchaux. i don’t think flores signs off on paying him top IDL money. Vet good player but just doesn’t match the price point

I don't see Godchaex getting anywhere near top defensive tackle money. I don't see that other teams will be beating down the door and offering a ton of cash for what he brings to the table.

Excellent player - should’ve been drafted in the middle rounds. Disruptive and wins with quickness, hands and technique.

He originally committed to Alabama but ended up staying home in Mississippi. Bama wanted him but he was too small to start inside on Bama’s defensive line early. He was only 260 pounds and would need a year or two in the 4th quarter program.

He wanted to transfer to Bama last year for his senior season to take Quinnen Williams place. He came very close but we just couldn’t make the numbers work.

Miami got a talented kid here with Benito.
There's no way he's 260!

Miami lacks a true nose tackle. So it made sense they went after a few UDFA types. As for Godchaux, perhaps he'll sign at a discount? But if he doesn't, comp pick in return should be nice. A similar contract to DJ Reader is what I'd think Godchaux is looking at.

I expected him to be drafted, so definitely like the signing. We need more bodies on the interior DLine, although i've always been a fan of Seiler and his raw potential.

Benito played on a really bad defense and was doubled on a majority of snaps i saw.....which is part of the problem because he didn't handle doubles well. He was on the ground or turned quite a bit. If his future is at the 1, he'll need to improve his anchor.

When singled up, he held his own. I watched him walk Damien Lewis and Cushenberry into the backfield on pass downs. In other tapes (Arkansas comes to mind) he was quick off the snap and able to punch through the A gap. He's not a 1 trick pony with only a bull rush....he utilizes multiple techniques.

Back
Top Bottom