Dolphins Sign Cb Eric Rowe | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Cb Eric Rowe

Here we go again, new coach signing his former teams trash players. I've seen this movie a few times over the last few years and the ending always sucks.

It just comes across as a lazy signing. And I imagine this will not be the last former patriots player we sign.

Last edited:
Here we go again, new coach signing his former teams trash players. I've seen this movie a few times over the last few years and the ending always sucks.

It just comes across as a lazy signing. And I imagine this will not be the last former patriots player we sign.

Because signing a cheap vet player that’s familiar with the system is a bad idea?

Was he cut? Does a small signing like this affect the comps we'll get for losing James and wake

I think it has to do with total snaps. I’m not 100% sure though...

He is UFA so this will factor into the comp formula, just like signing Tyrod Taylor would if Miami brings him in.

Has a lot to do with AAV salary base, but also production and team success.

I'm ok with this. Is the type of guys I'm expecting to get this year. Hope it doesn't stop us from getting some comp picks

Eric Rowe DB, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins signed CB Eric Rowe, formerly of the Patriots, to a one-year contract.
Rowe will opt for comfort with Miami since new coach Brian Flores was his defensive play-caller in New England. Rowe missed much of last season with a groin injury. He'll compete for the starting job opposite Xavien Howard with the Dolphins.

Because signing a cheap vet player that’s familiar with the system is a bad idea?

Yes it is. It's a waste of time. Find someone else younger who could be a good fit for the "system" and possibly a great fit.

This just comes across as lazy to me. Other players are able to learn new systems all the time, it's the NFL.

For everyone one year deal this year that means potentially having another hole to fill next season. I’m not a fan.

Yes it is. It's a waste of time. Find someone else younger who could be a good fit for the "system" and possibly a great fit.

This just comes across as lazy to me. Other players are able to learn new systems all the time, it's the NFL.

So... what you're asking for is someone who is 26ish... and who we think may be a good fit for the "system" we are putting into place... yet don't like this move?

Hmmm.. not like we signed a 37 year old DE to a 3 year deal

For everyone one year deal this year that means potentially having another hole to fill next season. I’m not a fan.

I hear you, but keep in mind alot of times the agent and player are pushing for that as a prove it situation, like when they are returning from an injury or a little inconsistent.

They didn’t get what they want or were expecting in the open market so they agree not to sign long term for this amount. It’s actually happening around the leauge more than we have seen in the past...so he probably could have gotten that elsewhere also

Another potential secondary package piece if not compete for #2 boundary.

Moving further and further away from early pick cb in the draft imo

Eric Rowe is a guy who should have been very VERY good.
But he is a walking injury report, most of them for a strained groin...

For those of you who've been around awhile, think Yatil Green.

Back
Top Bottom