Dolphins Sign Cb Eric Rowe | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Cb Eric Rowe

Why is anyone upset over this signing?
Every new coach from former teams do it. They get players they know intimately to come to the team to instill their knowledge of the new coaches game plan to other players who don’t know it that well. If anything this is a good thing for the team.

i think at this point, people are just upset. It has nothing to do with Eric Rowe, it is just a lack of trust in the organization and a belief that any move they make will be a destructive one. And then there are the trolls.

I for one and so excited for the direction we are heading right now.

Here we go again, new coach signing his former teams trash players. I've seen this movie a few times over the last few years and the ending always sucks.

It just comes across as a lazy signing. And I imagine this will not be the last former patriots player we sign.
better to pull from NE than Cincy or Chicago

Why is anyone upset over this signing?
Every new coach from former teams do it. They get players they know intimately to come to the team to instill their knowledge of the new coaches game plan to other players who don’t know it that well. If anything this is a good thing for the team.

People want to know how NE gets these comp picks. They find bargain guys in FA, sign them to cheapy 1 year deals, they have good seasons and then the next year they go to another team in the offseason on a multi year deal. Rinse and Repeat.

Very little downside to a signing like this.

Always been a fan of Rowe since his days at Utah.... Thought he'd definitely be more of a fit at FS for the league, but he can apparently prove me wrong. He's definitely a bit of a jack-of-all-trades type, but master of none, he finally developed a little bit in NE. If he turns out to be a solid nickel/dime package guy, you can't complain for this type of deal. Cancels out a possible 7th from Gore, but that is really moot. I like the signing.

That Jones contract is another Mike T special, doubt they can move him this year. Tankersley bouncing back would be so nice

I expect Jones to be gone next year, Tankersley had a bad injury late in the year, dont see this as a bounce back year- maybe the following year.

Don't see what there is to complain about here. He's got good size and potential; was a second round pick just a few years ago. Kick the tires. This is the year to do it. Hopefully we bring in more guys like this and the staff can find a gem or two.

Don't have a problem with the signing. Cheap, will know the system / help other guys possibly. A vet, who may end up hurt, but may be decent depth or push for that second spot.

Like others talked about, we really need Tank to figure things out- but this probably isnt the year

...hard to play a higher percentage of snaps when you're hurt.

I did not realize but he also played 24% of the snaps in 2017. 43% in 2016. 17 career starts in 4 seasons. Played in 37 out of 64 games not including playoffs. Just wondering is this is more of the same (definition of) insanity. Acquiring a player and expecting him to be something he has never been. In this case, available or healthy. One year deal for 2.3M with a 100k bonus for each game active.

In only the second game of the 2018 regular season, he suffered a groin injury that kept him out of the next three games. Rowe returned in week six, but played a limited role as New England’s fourth cornerback. He appeared the following week as well before returning to inactivity, and ultimately being placed on injured reserve in late October.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/3/1...patriots-free-agency-eric-rowe-miami-dolphins

Doesn’t seem accurate if the deal is max $3.5 million.

$1.375 million in base
$500k signing bonus
100k per game = $1.6 million
25k workout bonus

Thats the $3.5 million and that should be the max cap hit on a 1 year deal.

Not sure where he got the 2.3 million cap hit or the extra 1 million in incentives.

I hear you, but keep in mind alot of times the agent and player are pushing for that as a prove it situation, like when they are returning from an injury or a little inconsistent.

They didn’t get what they want or were expecting in the open market so they agree not to sign long term for this amount. It’s actually happening around the leauge more than we have seen in the past...so he probably could have gotten that elsewhere also

I’m OK with prove it deals but it seems that the Dolphins seem to take on a good number of them and all I’m saying is that if it doesn’t work out it’s just yet another hole to fill next season.

Back
Top Bottom