Dolphins Sign Center/guard Chris Reed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Center/guard Chris Reed

Oh wait is this the we're building the solid team period of day or are we still in the lose as much as possible time period....
LOL I tell ya we've all gone coco and thats not for coco for coco puffs....

Truthfully think I can fairly say that most before a month ago never even heard of Flaherty (me included).
I happen to see in the Jags forum for what its worth that the coach did pretty good with making an OL with 3&4th stringers and a new LT the previous year. Last year had its share of injuries, one I heard of was Norwell who I really wanted us to get... So I don't know and at present giving Flores the benefit of doubt and Flaherty a clean slate along with the new G....Maybe wait to see something , anything of actual Dolphin reality before making my decision.

Funny, 8 months, a year ago some people were so upset with me for being so critical of RT and Gase.. Just seems to make sense that you need to see actual stuff in order to praise or condemn and we haven't seen much of Jack S at this point to be so critical IMO....

That's good to hear something positive at least about Flaherty from those that should know - i know nothing about the guy. I think the whole "lose as much as possible" theme is a fan thing. FO knows they might lose alot of games because they are cleaning house for the future, but the goal is not to field a bad team, rather to clear the foundation and start building a solid foundation - side effect may be rough season - and a low draft pick. So for me it's never "lose as much as possible". Maybe im wrong but I dont buy it.

Agreed gotta see how this plays out! It helps that we're doing something different. Not expecting much this year but can see a plan coming together at least.

That's good to hear something positive at least about Flaherty from those that should know - i know nothing about the guy. I think the whole "lose as much as possible" theme is a fan thing. FO knows they might lose alot of games because they are cleaning house for the future, but the goal is not to field a bad team, rather to clear the foundation and start building a solid foundation - side effect may be rough season - and a low draft pick. So for me it's never "lose as much as possible". Maybe im wrong but I dont buy it.

Agreed gotta see how this plays out! It helps that we're doing something different. Not expecting much this year but can see a plan coming together at least.

I don't think your wrong at all.

Oh wait is this the we're building the solid team period of day or are we still in the lose as much as possible time period....
LOL I tell ya we've all gone coco and thats not for coco for coco puffs....

Truthfully think I can fairly say that most before a month ago never even heard of Flaherty (me included).
I happen to see in the Jags forum for what its worth that the coach did pretty good with making an OL with 3&4th stringers and a new LT the previous year. Last year had its share of injuries, one I heard of was Norwell who I really wanted us to get... So I don't know and at present giving Flores the benefit of doubt and Flaherty a clean slate along with the new G....Maybe wait to see something , anything of actual Dolphin reality before making my decision.

Funny, 8 months, a year ago some people were so upset with me for being so critical of RT and Gase.. Just seems to make sense that you need to see actual stuff in order to praise or condemn and we haven't seen much of Jack S at this point to be so critical IMO....
I agree to an extent. Unfortunately, the Dolphins retained Grier to run whatever is actually taking place in Miami. Since Grier has been involved with acquiring talent for quite some time, including the Tannenbaum years, and since no one is really sure if he was responsible for much of the poor personnel decisions by the team or if it was really all Tannenbaum, it is perfectly normal to be skeptical.

A signing like this seems very similar to some of the bad choices the team made with Tannehill. These are the types of things most would have immediately put on TBaum, but are now happening with Grier. Hmmm. I wouldn’ Get too mad at fans for calling it out. Still, we don’t really know what’s trying to be accomplished with some of these signings, so a wait and see approach is still a very valid one.

What a strange time to be a fan of the Miami Dolphins.

I agree to an extent. Unfortunately, the Dolphins retained Grier to run whatever is actually taking place in Miami. Since Grier has been involved with acquiring talent for quite some time, including the Tannenbaum years, and since no one is really sure if he was responsible for much of the poor personnel decisions by the team or if it was really all Tannenbaum, it is perfectly normal to be skeptical.

A signing like this seems very similar to some of the bad choices the team made with Tannehill. These are the types of things most would have immediately put on TBaum, but are now happening with Grier. Hmmm. I wouldn’ Get too mad at fans for calling it out. Still, we don’t really know what’s trying to be accomplished with some of these signings, so a wait and see approach is still a very valid one.

What a strange time to be a fan of the Miami Dolphins.

How is it similar though? Is he old? Expensive? Im not sure I follow. He is a player (probably) depth along a line that needs bodies. Their is no way they were going to pony up huge money for some OL in FA so Im not sure I follow...

Well hes young. Hes got that going for him. Sounds like he was signed as "depth". That's good, when you have staters which we currently don't have at the guard positions.

Honestly a bit surprised how much I like Chris Reed.

He's got a little bit of that Billy Turner/Jesse Davis to him in that when he does screw up, it's a pretty big one. That's part of what keeps him on fan sh-t lists, where you hear from various Jags fans that this guy sucks, etc.

Doesn't happen that often, though. I've seen it about once a game.

Strong as an ox and he's got some real pop to him. Very anticipatory, active, explosive mover, gets out laterally and on the attack. Pretty nasty.

When he loses it's because he did something really silly that he should know better.

Honestly a bit surprised how much I like Chris Reed.

He's got a little bit of that Billy Turner/Jesse Davis to him in that when he does screw up, it's a pretty big one. That's part of what keeps him on fan sh-t lists, where you hear from various Jags fans that this guy sucks, etc.

Doesn't happen that often, though. I've seen it about once a game.

Strong as an ox and he's got some real pop to him. Very anticipatory, active, explosive mover, gets out laterally and on the attack. Pretty nasty.

When he loses it's because he did something really silly that he should know better.

And he's young enough that he can improve and get consistency. OG is a position where guys often improve.

I haven't done the research on Flaherty yet, but the connection means Flaherty saw something in Reed worth molding further.

Back
Top Bottom