Dolphins Sign Center/guard Chris Reed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Center/guard Chris Reed

Getting a little bit of an appreciation for the technique being taught to the Jaguars OL guys the more I look at them, the way they punch, etc.

This is now like the fourth guy on that OL the last few years between Jeremy Parnell, Patrick Omameh, A.J. Cann, and Chris Reed where I've watched them play snap for snap and what I'm seeing doesn't match the negative PFF grades or the fan perception (which unfortunately is often influenced by the PFF grade). It's interesting.

I had A.J. Cann targeted in free agency. He ended up only costing $5 million per year to return to Jacksonville. But I like the Chris Reed signing and I can't help but wonder if he'd have gotten more interest if he weren't tied to the area. When he signed with Miami he said it was because it keeps him close to his wife, who has her own business on the east coast of Florida. He could've re-upped with Jacksonville but he chose Miami because we would give him the chance to start whereas Jacksonville has Andrew Norwell ($$$$$) and A.J. Cann ($$$).

Getting a little bit of an appreciation for the technique being taught to the Jaguars OL guys the more I look at them, the way they punch, etc.

This is now like the fourth guy on that OL the last few years between Jeremy Parnell, Patrick Omameh, A.J. Cann, and Chris Reed where I've watched them play snap for snap and what I'm seeing doesn't match the negative PFF grades or the fan perception (which unfortunately is often influenced by the PFF grade). It's interesting.

I had A.J. Cann targeted in free agency. He ended up only costing $5 million per year to return to Jacksonville. But I like the Chris Reed signing and I can't help but wonder if he'd have gotten more interest if he weren't tied to the area. When he signed with Miami he said it was because it keeps him close to his wife, who has her own business on the east coast of Florida. He could've re-upped with Jacksonville but he chose Miami because we would give him the chance to start whereas Jacksonville has Andrew Norwell ($$$$$) and A.J. Cann ($$$).

Do you expect him to start?

Thanks as always for the info.

Im glad to hear Chris take on this guy, plus the way our new OL coach teaches. This will be super beneficial to our young guys who are in need for a good OL coach.

Yes I do.

Now that your here, whats your preferred break down of positions that should be drafted by priority.

For instance, my prefference would be QB, OT, DL and have zero idea as to the rest.

How is it similar though? Is he old? Expensive? Im not sure I follow. He is a player (probably) depth along a line that needs bodies. Their is no way they were going to pony up huge money for some OL in FA so Im not sure I follow...

In a position of dire need for the team, we are bringing in what many would call Larsen talent because of a prior link to the OL coach. If the best we can say about the kid is that he is young but decent with at least one monumental screw up a game, why sign him? Given our history at the position, he will likely end up starting at some point. How do you feel about him starting?

In a position of dire need for the team, we are bringing in what many would call Larsen talent because of a prior link to the OL coach. If the best we can say about the kid is that he is young but decent with at least one monumental screw up a game, why sign him? Given our history at the position, he will likely end up starting at some point. How do you feel about him starting?

Well were not signing any high priced veterans with experience/quality on the OL, were not in that mode, so a player like him or draft pick will probably start.

So there will be bad plays and screw ups incoming- yup.

All expected

I'm shocked we haven't made a move for Quentin Spain, OG from the Titans. He is 27, a mauler.

Well were not signing any high priced veterans with experience/quality on the OL, were not in that mode, so a player like him or draft pick will probably start.

So there will be bad plays and screw ups incoming- yup.

All expected

Fair enough, but don’t expect fans to swoon. As I explained, there is plenty of skepticism surrounding Grier, and it is not unwarranted. That said, to me this signing only makes sense if they are drafting heavy OL this year. You certainly wouldn’t put a rookie QB 1st rounder behind this OL, even if hi s last name is Murray.

Back
Top Bottom