Dolphins sign DE Williams to three-year extension (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign DE Williams to three-year extension (merged)

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dolphins sign DE Williams to three-year extension

Dolphins sign DE Williams to three-year extension
The Miami Dolphins today signed defensive end Jay Williams to a three-year contract extension through the 2005 season.

Official Press Release

AP Story

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope to GOD that his cap numbers are low every year of this deal. I think it was iffy giving up a 4th round pick on this guy, ver iffy.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I hope to GOD that his cap numbers are low every year of this deal. I think it was iffy giving up a 4th round pick on this guy, ver iffy.
it is certainly a but less iffy now, but some #s w/b nice ;)

I'm thinkin this year's cap number would be well below the $1.65 mil it is now, possibly enough to sign Darnay Scott (but I doubt thats who we're goin for).

It shouldn't be that big of a contract I'm still not sure what the Phins coaching staff sees in this guy other than a locker room leader and team player who nobody can say anything bad about.

I have no problem in having a competant leader type in the locker room, but not for much more then the vet min if the guy isn't a big on field PRODUCER.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm thinkin this year's cap number would be well below the $1.65 mil it is now, possibly enough to sign Darnay Scott (but I doubt thats who we're goin for).

It shouldn't be that big of a contract I'm still not sure what the Phins coaching staff sees in this guy other than a locker room leader and team player who nobody can say anything bad about.

Darnay is a Jag - see http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4804 :(

Cap room added, Williams signs ext.

Dolphins | Williams Extension - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
13:57 PT: MiamiDolphins.com reports Miami Dolphins DE Jay Williams agreed to a three-year extension through the 2005 season on Monday. Financial terms were not disclosed.

for the main site...

The Dolphins signed the 6-3, 280-pound DE Jay Williams to a 3 year extension today. The new deal will take him through the 2005 season. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Jay Williams' Contract Extended

It appears as though J. Williams has been extended for a couple fo years which probably means that the 'Fins now have even more cap room than before. According to the Herald article, their payroll went up by 500K but, as we all know, payroll in the NFL has absolutely nothing to do with the salary cap.

With all the speculation about what will be done with the extra cash, I'll go ahead and throw in my prediction as well. I believe there's a good possibility that Ricky Williams could get signed to an extension before training camp is over so there's one less thing to worry about come next offseason. I guess we'll just have to wait and see though.

Sentinal Article

Back
Top Bottom