Dolphins sign DT John Jenkins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign DT John Jenkins

• Dolphins signed DT John Jenkins, formerly of the Bears, to a one-year contract.​

A rotational lineman along the interior, Jenkins was limited to 11 games by a thumb issue in Chicago last season. He appeared in all 16 contests for the Dolphins in 2019, making five starts. If he makes the team, he should play 20-30 weekly snaps.
    RELATED: SOURCE: Adam Beasley on Twitter
    Apr 1, 2021, 1:10 PM ET

One of many recent signings that is camp fodder and emergency coverage for injuries later. This provides coverage for us should we decide not to draft anyone at that position. We had a season of almost no injuries ... that was very uncommon. This year Grier is focusing on providing coverage for injuries because we have less snaps available to just experiment to see which young guy will start, and less snaps available for vets we moved on from such as Kyle Van Noy, Shaq Lawson, Davon Godchaux, Ted Karras, etc.

Ok that bumps the need for a run stuffing dt to 2022 or 2023 priority. Dolphins currently have Jenkins, Seiler, Davis, Wilkins and Adam Butler to plug the interior front just need a few edge rushers to team with Ogbah and the dl line is set.
I like that Seiler cat

I thought he was a solid player for us last time. I'd guess he'll rotate in a bit and specialize in stuffing the run

Dovetail this signing with the thread about PFFs ratings of the position groups available for the draft.

They ranked the IDL position as the single weakest group in the draft, called the DTs the weakest group they have ever ranked since their inception.

Given that, signing a journeyman, run-stopping Tackle makes more sense.

He's massively large...worst case scenario, on 3rd and shorts, and goal line stands, just put him in there, and watch them try and move him.

Back
Top Bottom