Dolphins sign DT John Jenkins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign DT John Jenkins

Looks like a pure run-stopper.

2.5 sacks in his career...

He may not even make the final roster.
I tend to think that's the core point...

Cheap insurance.

Long way to go to opening day roster.

Thought he played well 2yrs ago, good signing for NT. Maybe we'll see Raekwon more at end this year?

Unless we signed him for more than 850K, he won't even count against the cap.
...can always count on you to keep track of the economics!

That said, I'd have to assume he signed for more than that, yes?

He's a multi-year vet --- doesn't that come into play?

...can always count on you to keep track of the economics!

That said, I'd have to assume he signed for more than that, yes?

He's a multi-year vet --- doesn't that come into play?
Maybe...

The Vet minimum is probably closer to a million for him. I'd have to do some research and I'm too lazy tonight. The other Vets we've signed have gotten smallish signing bonuses (150K range), and we'll likely eat one or two of those when we cut a borderline guy... It won't be much.

Duke Riley, for instance, signed for 990K plus a 137K signing bonus... which means, he basically costs us 280K if he plays, and 137K if we cut him.

Maybe...

The Vet minimum is probably closer to a million for him. I'd have to do some research and I'm too lazy tonight. The other Vets we've signed have gotten smallish signing bonuses (150K range), and we'll likely eat one or two of those when we cut a borderline guy... It won't be much.

Duke Riley, for instance, signed for 990K plus a 137K signing bonus... which means, he basically costs us 280K if he plays, and 137K if we cut him.
Is it that ONLY the signing bonus adds to cap?

Is it that ONLY the signing bonus adds to cap?
Well... not exactly.

Only the top 51 contracts count, and currently, our 51st contract is 850k.

So... if a guy was making 660k and had received 150k bonus, and we keep him... he doesn't count... the sum is under 850.
But if we cut a player, then the signing bonus becomes dead cap.

For instance, we ate Weaver's signing bonus last year, even though we got out of his salary.

I guess with Lawrence Guy returning to Foxboro, we snagged Jenkins as the last veteran down lineman.

Back
Top Bottom